Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that after separating out cards, dealing 4 cards to each player, then adding the separated cards back in I should have 28 cards to place on the table in 4 rows of 7 cards. I seem to have 3 cards too many. Since the Chi Chemist cards are printed in gray shades rather than in black are they not used in the game? If I remove these 3 cards then the count of 28 cards is correct. If these cards are not to be used, what purpose do they serve? I see nothing in the rules about these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tovarich Pizann
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Larry,

Tovarich Pizann (game designer) here.

The purpose of the pre-game separation of the cards is to ensure that no player gets an early advantage by starting with any Mission Objectives or Contacts in their hand. The Chi Chemist is a mission objective, and as such is absolutely included in the game.

At a guess I'd say you were playing with less than 6 players, and for one of the unused players removed their contact but did not remove their objectives. That's the most likely way you get 3 cards left over. How large was the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have gone back through the cards again and I found where I was confused. I was placing the Chi Chemist cards in with the "cards with black borders" instead of their correct location with the Mission Objectives. So I'm straight now. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.