Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shakeshakeshake

First off the whole reason I bought this was for the five extra dice. The new factions and stuff's nice but I wanted the dice. And the one thing I wanted to be nice wasn't; on two of the dice the 1 side pips are larger than the rest. I consider it unusable. I will never get anything from PlaidHatGames ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am totally joking about this, I tried to find the stupidest thing wrong and make a "mountain out of a molehill" (more like a spec of dust)
PlaidHatGames is one of my favorite publishers and I look forward to getting more of there games in the future. Their Customer service is amazing! They were out of the Promo Mercs and not only did they give me an invoice to contact them about getting sent them when they are ready, they gave me 2 packs of their super high-quality sleeves for the Trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hill
United Kingdom
Fareham
HAMPSHIRE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Severely Disappointed with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I will wonder the rest of the day whether or not this is serious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joking post is joking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Mirfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
shakeshakeshake

First off the whole reason I bought this was for the five extra dice. The new factions and stuff's nice but I wanted the dice. And the one thing I wanted to be nice wasn't; on two of the dice the 1 side pips are larger than the rest. I consider it unusable. I will never get anything from PlaidHatGames ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So essentially thats a stupid statement.

Every publisher is liable to manufacturing errors. If there is problems with your dice then just contact mail@plaidhatgames.com and explain your issues, and I guarantee they will replace them straight away for free. And also your problem - pips being larger on one side?!? That in no way effects anything other than visually. If this is such a big deal for you then I'm sure you always manage to find something wrong with the components in every game you get.

And to say you're never getting anything from Plaid Hat just because of this one tiny issue which isn't really their fault (the pips on the dice would be a manufacturing issue) is just petty.

Creating a thread called "Severely disappointed with this" just because a couple of your dice have a tiny defect is a bit of a jerk move. You may well influence some people thinking of buying this and just browsing the forums who may not read your topic.

Oh and buying a whole $60 game just for 5 extra dice? Thats down right stupid as you don't need the extra dice.

Frankly I find it hard to believe this is a real statement, and if you are making a joke then its just not even slightly funny. If it is a real statement then it is utterly preposterous, out of order and a massive jerk move.

Whether this is supposed to be a "joke" (which as I've mentioned is just not working...) or its true (in which case, really?!?!?) you sir, are a troll (and I'm well aware I'm breaking the golden internet rule "Don't poke the trolls").

Tsk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Contact them bet they can sort it out.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Regarding me:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC the dice are pretty plain, unless you're going for faction dice (that are non-existant atm?). Pick some cool dice in yout FLGS. But if you really want these dice, just contact PHG and ask for replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was only joking, I really love PHG and I cannot wait to get this game to the table.

Sorry if this made anyone upset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
They were out of the Promo Mercs and not only did they give me an invoice to contact them about getting sent them when they are ready, they gave me 2 packs of their super high-quality sleeves for the Trouble.

They sent me the same note about getting them sent if I wanted. They didn't send me any sleeves, but I got the Fan-Art Summoners pack instead.

I already have the Fan Art Summoners pack. Anyone want to trade it for two packs of sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
DuelistofAges wrote:
They were out of the Promo Mercs and not only did they give me an invoice to contact them about getting sent them when they are ready, they gave me 2 packs of their super high-quality sleeves for the Trouble.

They sent me the same note about getting them sent if I wanted. They didn't send me any sleeves, but I got the Fan-Art Summoners pack instead.

I already have the Fan Art Summoners pack. Anyone want to trade it for two packs of sleeves?

I purchased the fan art summoners with Alliances, which is probably why it worked out that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hildan wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic DiGital
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
I was only joking, I really love PHG and I cannot wait to get this game to the table.

Sorry if this made anyone upset.

I laughed. But yeah, the dice are my least favorite aspect of the game. In all seriousness, I've included in my box a small plastic card case (fits nicely in the, for now, empty space at the end of the third row) that contains sets of five 12mm dice in a variety of faction-friendly colors. I have about fifty dice in there. Pretty!! It's especially fun using the transparent bright blue dice when using the Benders. Try it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
shakeshakeshake

I am totally joking about this, I tried to find the stupidest thing wrong and make a "mountain out of a molehill" (more like a spec of dust)
PlaidHatGames is one of my favorite publishers and I look forward to getting more of there games in the future. Their Customer service is amazing! They were out of the Promo Mercs and not only did they give me an invoice to contact them about getting sent them when they are ready, they gave me 2 packs of their super high-quality sleeves for the Trouble.

I thought it was hilarious! Well done, silly troll!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't replace dice from the Summoner Wars set anyway, because those dice suck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Lane
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. I didn't even want the promos because I already have them all. I asked if they could substitute the Kodiak Colby promo, but because they were using Snakes and Lattes for Canadian fulfillment they said they couldn't do that.

Funny thing though, I had mine signed so it had to go through PHG at some point... ah well.

My only complaint (if you could call it that) is that the box is the perfect size to hold my Master Set deluxe board, but because the dividers go to the top of the box the lid doesn't sit flush. Meh. No big deal. Overall I'm over the moon about the set. Now I just need those last second summoners...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.