• [+] Dice rolls
Mike Minutillo
Australia
Stratton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only accessed from my mobile device so far but it's very clean and easy to navigate. Interesting to see all the Terrinoth games under a Runebound category as there isn't a currently available Runebound game. New edition coming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only gripe so far is the loss of drop-down menus. It takes more clicks to get to things now, especially since the product page defaults to "universes" instead of a full product list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New website is HORRIBLE.

Who thought I wanted to go through "Universes" rather than the title of the game I want?

It seems pretty obvious rather than a tool to support gamers who play their games it's become a marketing device to help customers find games to buy based on their areas of interest.

Try finding a specific game you want and then the rules to download.

I know web designers and programmers want to stay employed, but really do you have to change everything just to show you can? I don't think there was anything wrong with the previous site, so why change it?

Also, some of it just doesn't work. The news announcement today about Armada has a link to the Armada "webpage" on their site that just gives an 404 error.

I know, I know, give them a break, it's in "beta" (which means they didn't both to really test it before they rolled it out in a big sloppy hurry).

Sorry, I think it really stinks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
Try finding a specific game you want and then the rules to download.

I just did. Typed "Descent" into search field, clicked on "Support," rules were right there. No problem. If you go to the Descent page itself under the Products page, there's a collapsible menu with links to all the different rulebooks. So you can either search for the specific product you want rules for, which gives you the rules you want quickly, or look under the product line. Either way is pretty convenient.

As for the "Universes," there's a tab right next to "Universes" when you click on "Products" that lets you select "Categories," which orders them by title much like they used to be by default. There's also a "Genres" option.

It's a little different, and I'm not sure how much I like it, but a disaster this is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I prefer white web pages, this one is giving me troubles orienting. It's a little too large, I prefer the more concise feel of the old one. I also liked that they used the same icon for the games in the news, instead of a different picture every article (made it easier to see at a glance what news articles were about).

But ultimately, in about 6 months everyone is going to forget what the old one even looked like and will be fine with this one. Anyone remember the website design prior to the old one? I'm just glad with this new design they didn't lose the forums (like they did last time).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the collapsible menus for each product sub type on the main page.

I can bookmark the Descent page now, and see every expansion released from one place. I really like it. Big improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderSlug wrote:
I really like the collapsible menus for each product sub type on the main page.

I can bookmark the Descent page now, and see every expansion released from one place. I really like it. Big improvement.

Maybe I miss something, but the only control I see is the search box. Maybe it is a web browser issue, but where do you see any collapsible menus? The only thing I see are huge pictures with tiny text, so for me it is very difficult to find anything related to Descent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you go to specific product pages, they have collapsible menus with various options. Scroll down a bit here, for an example.

One thing I find a little weird: How all the Terrinoth products are grouped in the Runebound universe — but there's no Runebound game in the group anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:

One thing I find a little weird: How all the Terrinoth products are grouped in the Runebound universe — but there's no Runebound game in the group anymore.

You're not alone, trust me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... the entire product document archive is gone... shake

For those who don't know what I'm talking about: All the rules, FAQs, scenarios, etc. for older FFG games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaermo wrote:

For those who don't know what I'm talking about: All the rules, FAQs, scenarios, etc. for older FFG games.

This is exactly why I offload all PDFs game companies offer. Eventually, they'll take them off their webservers (why I dled all those Space Hulk PDFs)

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's bad so much as... generic, isn't it? It just looks boring to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone able to find their archives page?

At least before you could still download support files for their OOP games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't like the fact that the "Upcoming" page no longer show the last update date for each game.

Edit - the dates are back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Kaermo wrote:

This is exactly why I offload all PDFs game companies offer. Eventually, they'll take them off their webservers (why I dled all those Space Hulk PDFs)

-shnar

Yup, I'm glad that I did download most rules for my OOP games at some point and saved them on one of my external harddrives.

Not having FAQs for a game like Starcraft or Middle-Earth Quest would be pretty annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, old links to games end up on broken 404 page. I just tried to find way back to WOW BG. Fortunately someone else hosted the errata as well. Saved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Mölleken
Germany
45147 Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Links to the files seem to work though.

So if you are looking for something specific, just use a search engine and you should get a direct link that is still working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Foley
United States
Norwalk
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With their merger this past year it looks like FFG had to changeout their former website to integrate with their Euro Partner. What was once a very well designed site is now a template looking piece of garbage.

The luxurious look and formating it once had has been tossed aside in a Euro-style format. FFG was once the king of board games here in the US and now it appears as though corporate mergers has made change for change's sake. Their former site was so much better in many many ways... it now looks like a bargain basement warehouse for Milton Bradley looking product.

Either they'll make their way back to what they once had, or this marks their slide towards becoming a different company that does not realize what the US market wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The document archive for old games is back:
https://fantasyflightgames.com/en/more/product-document-arch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good o know. Bookmarked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Flamin_Jesus wrote:
I don't think it's bad so much as... generic, isn't it? It just looks boring to me.

I know right! It's so.. gray. What's up with that? Nothing wrong with that, per se, but it doesn't really yell "we've got games over here!" at all to me.
EDIT: But objectively speaking I think it looks good. Not overly exciting, but calm 'n' good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.