Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: spawning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Faupel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Let's say your Darkness card for the Event says If there are less than 4 minions, spawn 4 minions immediately. You have more than 4 minions so you don't spawn any minions immediately. Does this also mean you don't do the normal spawn at the bottom of the card, or is that separate from the Event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Young
United States
Westchester
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be a separate event. You would spawn the 4 minions and then also do the normal spawn at the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederico Rinaldi
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do we take in consideration the total minion count on the tile, total per lair or total per creature type?

Let's say I have two lairs, one with 2 crawlers and one with 4 grubbers. Do I spawn 4 crawlers? (I have 2 crawlers total, but 6 minions on the tile)

And if I have a lair with 2 grubbers and a hunting pack of 5 grubbers, do I spawn 4 grubbers?

I would assume the event is for creature type, so in the first situation I would spawn and in the second not. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fredluna wrote:
Let's say I have two lairs, one with 2 crawlers and one with 4 grubbers. Do I spawn 4 crawlers? (I have 2 crawlers total, but 6 minions on the tile)

To my knowledge, there is no official ruling of this sort of thing. I would treat "special events" as one global thing. If you have that many minions total, spawn four additional minions. Two of each type if you still had two lairs. If you only had one grubber lair, with two crawlers and two grubbers left, spawn four extra grubbers.

fredluna wrote:
And if I have a lair with 2 grubbers and a hunting pack of 5 grubbers, do I spawn 4 grubbers?

Yes. It doesn't matter where the minions come from after you set up the tile.

fredluna wrote:
I would assume the event is for creature type, so in the first situation I would spawn and in the second not. Is this correct?

It is only my opinion, but I think I would interpret it as above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.