Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys. I created an iOS puzzle game inspired by Patchwork and Blokus and infused it with a WW2 theme. Would anyone want to playtest it and give me some feedback? I just got it released on the App Store, but it's never too late to make improvements for my next update. PM me or let me know!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a ww2 theme sounds like a patchistory type game. Am I wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No no. It's much more similar to FITS and Tetris than Patchistory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjacobsca wrote:
No no. It's much more similar to FITS and Tetris than Patchistory.

Great, now I have to check out what FITS is Tetris-based gameplay I have in Isla Tetra. If it is similar to that, then that could be some fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK I've had a request to post the name of my game in this post. I DID post a press-release in the appropriate video game forum, and didn't want to appear to be self-promoting here. But I wanted feedback because of my game's similarity to lots of board games that we all love, but didn't want to cause any issues with self-promotion.

I'm seriously excited about this game. I think it's devilishly fun, and gets more crazy the deeper you get into the game. But I value your guy's feedback more than any other since this is my favorite site.

So, without further ado, my game is called Jigsaw Commando.

You can find it on the App Store at:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jigsaw-commando/id967351959?...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initial feedback:

I downloaded it and tapped "How To Play". I sort of followed what was being said for the first few screens and then became totally lost. (The pages which list the details of specific tile types are too small to read easily on my iPhone 6 screen, but that was not the only issue.)

Since it's a phone game, I decided to try playing without fully understanding, and that *definitely* did not work -- had no idea what I was doing or how to operate the interface.

I was then unable to pause or get back to the main menu! The fact that when a new piece appears its big red 'X' button is covering up the pause menu means that during the recon phase, you can't leave (to surrender or to check the rules) unless you drag a piece downward and then tap on the 'camp' icon. I figured it out, obviously, but quitting the game should be easier and clearer!

I will give it a more concerted try later, since you've got a Vlaada badge and I like trying things. But doing my best impression of an impatient average user, that did not fly at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a deeper try:

- This game is very frustrating.

- A phase continues even when there is nowhere left to put any tiles. This is annoying.

- The rules are murky. I wish I could say exactly how, but it took four plays, going back to read the rules after every play, before I was pretty sure I understood what was going on.

- The tiny print on those tile explanation screens is tiny.

Sad to say, I think I'm done with it. On paper the idea sounds interesting, but I didn't have any fun during the process of playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.