Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I recently bought the Asmodee "Can't Stop in a Sack" edition, and since I can't read french downloaded the rules of the internet. The rules I got, from the original Parker Brothers version, indicate each player should have 11 markers, one for each column. Asmodee only supplies 9, and I can read enough french to see that this is the correct contents as per the rules.

We speculated last night that this may just be due to the improbability of playing all columns, however, well, what the heck are you supposed to do if that improbability asserts itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I've seen this happen about 6 times (I did it once!), over hundreds of plays. The more players you have, the less likely this will happen. We're talking like 1 - 2% of plays, if ever.

The game intends 11 tokens for each color, as you know. We are missing a Yellow token (only have 10). The lady got all columns twice while being Yellow - she placed an unused White token in its place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hartstein
United States
North Plainfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect that your speculation is correct. I think it would actually be rather difficult to play all columns before one or two were closed off, even if you wanted to.

In the unlikely event of it happening, I'd do what Chris did and grab some other item to use as a temporary marker. You shouldn't need it for long anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know French, and I didn't research the issue, but I did come up with an answer that suits me. The way I play is that you simply may not play more than 9 different columns. If you have 9 markers out, and you roll something else, you "crap out." We do give back used markers from completed columns though, so it's rarely an issue.

(edit: tone)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.