Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played a 80 point game and a 113(I think it was 113) point game with this guy and some NPS/squadies. Solo game, single hand of cards.

Cleaned house both times.angry Two single points wounds total, for both missions, and thats it.(one mission, no wounds at all)

Have not ordered him out of the jungle yet lol

The built in suppress of the MP5 feels like cheating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The middle-east is a whole new animal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
There's only one point man and that's "Baker". Says so on the card and he's a bad ass!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Venables
England
Horndean
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Sharks on 3!!
badge
1-2-3-SHARKS!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Take the MP7 next time

I've just finished my first Middle East Insurgent mission and it was awesome. Drew the Mosque as my 3rd location (Range 0 combat not allowed) - difficult as I only had suppressed Carbines, all Range 0, and a Squad Sniper who was otherwise engaged.

What did I have in hand? A Mortar Action (not my proudest moment!!)

Got to the enemy HQ, Started a fresh turn at range 0 with the final unit (a technical - 2 reticles) and dropped 2 x double tap cards!!

The card draw will never be better I fear cool

John.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Stone III is wrong guy in this setup, if one wants to optimize. Buying Stone, you pay for loadout (which is cheaper, if one just buys Molle... Stone III is for REALLY heavy lifts), close combat (which you are not using) and cover (which might be minor thing, but mentioned here... usually preferred way is not get shot at).

Compare:
Browne 16
Operator 4
Molle 1
Total 21pt (against Stone II 23pt). Wins loadout 17-14 ; loses close combat 10-9 (isn't used in that build)

Giacomelli 9
Operator 4
Agile 3
Molle 1
Total 17pt (against Stone III 23pt). Wins loadout 16-14 ; loses cover 2-3 ; loses close combat 10-9 (isn't used in that build)

Again I don't think Stone III is bad, just that one should use his massive loadout (with molle) and/or close combat to get his worth of points.

Then Evasion is not something I would take for point man. Unless you solo. And from your reports, I see you are carrying squad & NPSs with you. Evasion is best with someone who is really alone ; usually that is sniper. I would drop Evasion. Maybe Claymores or Minimores for sudden reinforcements. Again save point or 2 and get exp from reinforcements . Molle lets you carry these.

Also maybe a bit too many different ways to get past cover. Although I think its important, 3 separate ways (stealth, flashbang, red dot) is a bit too much for one guy. I prolly would drop flashbang on order to get something against vehicles (M2).

Then since points are plentiful... as mentioned in this thread MP7 is preferred against MP5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.