Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
47 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Right wing gamer's guild? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: trigger-warning [+] [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you feel unsafe on a website devoted to board gaming, then well... never mind, I really got nothing on this. So much material to work with, I'mma just let it be.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Oooh, popcorn time
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
On BGG, outside of RSP you shouldn't really be discussing any topic in which any sort of political ideology is relevant.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a little compassion, guys. This man is hurting. On a web site about playing board games, where discussing politics is explicitly against the rules, this guy is sensitive enough to detect that everyone he's talking to has a different point of view than his own.

It's not hard to see: you'll be reading about Agricola, and there'll be a thread about whether the game can be won while embracing vegan values, or whether the "family growth" action might be a same-sex couple adopting a child, and no one will say, "hey! Gay people shouldn't be allowed to raise kids!" Try to imagine how isolating such an environment would be.

Laughing at him, observing that his inability to ask his question without throwing out a jab at his imaginary foes is the reason he doesn't feel safe, goading him to post more comedy gold--it's just not how we do things in RSP.
54 
 Thumb up
2.28
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you mean by right wing? These days it's slapped on everything from 'libertarian paradise' to strict religious creationist. Basically you want everything that isn't the happy clappy PC brigade?

Also why does politics even come up? She2 likes Caverna (I think from her response a few weeks ago) and I like Caverna. Pretty sure we agree on little else. Games don't have a lobbist making you play ameritrash if you are a 'God fearing conservative!' I regulary play with two 'rabid feminists' (as you would probably call them) and am friends with them because we just don't discuss the patriarchy over the game table.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea that right wingers are put upon, fuck me they are about the most aggressive and insulting of the posters here.

But I wonder of this thread is a joke.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are in Ohio, here's their next meetup.

http://www.meetup.com/centralohiojbs/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
Is there a group (guild?) on BGG for those of us who look at things from the right side?


As you can see by the responses so far, nope. The site is filled with moonbats.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
robininni wrote:
Is there a group (guild?) on BGG for those of us who look at things from the right side?


As you can see by the responses so far, nope. The site is filled with moonbats.


Angry ridiculous moronic moonbats.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.


No, that is a liberal problem. They see a public figure make a stupid comment, then they get fired from a tv show or something, and they say, see, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WWWAAHHHHHHH
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.


No, that is a liberal problem. They see a public figure make a stupid comment, then they get fired from a tv show or something, and they say, see, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WWWAAHHHHHHH
Fuck me, hypocrisy or what. About the only threads I can recall ab bout people whining because some TV celeb said something dumb arse is conservative screaming hysterically "BUT FREEDOM!.

As to it being a liberal problem, who the hell is whining about insults and bullying here?

Do you really not see the double standard you are engaging in, are you really that blind to your own attitudes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.


No, that is a liberal problem. They see a public figure make a stupid comment, then they get fired from a tv show or something, and they say, see, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WWWAAHHHHHHH
Fuck me, hypocrisy or what. About the only threads I can recall ab bout people whining because some TV celeb said something dumb arse is conservative screaming hysterically "BUT FREEDOM!.

As to it being a liberal problem, who the hell is whining about insults and bullying here?

Do you really not see the double standard you are engaging in, are you really that blind to your own attitudes?


I think you are too dumb to "get it."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey rob- In all honesty I don't think their is a guild on bgg that is organized along those values specifically. As someone noted any form of political speech outside of RSP be it left or right is generally frowned upon. My suggestion would be to try meetup.com for such a thing. You could make a group on the site, explain your group goals and purpose, and see if likeminded individuals join your group. Alternatively you could take a board game to a local political meetup and try to introduce your hobby there.

Lastly I'd say try to pry the politics out of the tablespace. I'd rather play Le Havre with Sean Hannity than this one AP dude at one of my local groups. I get the impression Sean isn't the dithering type.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was called "Fortress Ameritrash."
4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.


No, that is a liberal problem. They see a public figure make a stupid comment, then they get fired from a tv show or something, and they say, see, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WWWAAHHHHHHH
Fuck me, hypocrisy or what. About the only threads I can recall ab bout people whining because some TV celeb said something dumb arse is conservative screaming hysterically "BUT FREEDOM!.

As to it being a liberal problem, who the hell is whining about insults and bullying here?

Do you really not see the double standard you are engaging in, are you really that blind to your own attitudes?


I think you are too dumb to "get it."
Maybe, or too dumb to not be fooled by hypocritical whining.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.


No, that is a liberal problem. They see a public figure make a stupid comment, then they get fired from a tv show or something, and they say, see, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WWWAAHHHHHHH
Fuck me, hypocrisy or what. About the only threads I can recall ab bout people whining because some TV celeb said something dumb arse is conservative screaming hysterically "BUT FREEDOM!.

As to it being a liberal problem, who the hell is whining about insults and bullying here?

Do you really not see the double standard you are engaging in, are you really that blind to your own attitudes?


I think you are too dumb to "get it."
Maybe, or too dumb to not be fooled by hypocritical whining.


You got that right...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.


No, that is a liberal problem. They see a public figure make a stupid comment, then they get fired from a tv show or something, and they say, see, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WWWAAHHHHHHH
Fuck me, hypocrisy or what. About the only threads I can recall ab bout people whining because some TV celeb said something dumb arse is conservative screaming hysterically "BUT FREEDOM!.

As to it being a liberal problem, who the hell is whining about insults and bullying here?

Do you really not see the double standard you are engaging in, are you really that blind to your own attitudes?


I think you are too dumb to "get it."
Maybe, or too dumb to not be fooled by hypocritical whining.


You got that right...
LOL, you can have the last word.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I daresay there are plenty of places on the internet you can go if you're looking for an echo chamber.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail drew1365, he can get you an invite to some private Conservative message boards.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robininni wrote:
It seems a conservative person can't find a safe haven from liberals on BGG... they're just everywhere and the sane (right leaning conservative people) are few and far between... Do you have a 'safe' BGG location you care to tell me about?


Safe from what? Scrutiny of your poorly reasoned world-view? Good luck on finding that comfortable pile of sand to hide your head in.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Long
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fly Eagles Fly!
badge
The Cthulhu player, not the Football player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Yes the poor hard done by conservatives who want to be able to tell people they are loonies without any comeback. Damn it when will people realize that freedom means the right to insult people without repercussions of any kind.


No, that is a liberal problem. They see a public figure make a stupid comment, then they get fired from a tv show or something, and they say, see, NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH...WWWAAHHHHHHH


The last example I can think of like this was that Duck Dynasty guy. Is there a more recent example I'm forgetting?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
As one of the heavily battered right wingers I also wish there was a safe place for us to unfurl our wings and soar... soar like an American Eagle... into the blue skies... looking down on the filth -- the pathetic scrabbling liberals who greedily chew and gnaw on each other and even themselves in a hopeless and disgusting display of immorality and degradation.

And that's just the liberals who go to church. The ones who worship Ipcc, God of Climate, those guys are fucking scary.
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would I want to be anywhere but here???
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And that's just the liberals who go to church. The ones who worship Ipcc...


I pee cubic centimeters?

That's one wacky church god.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.