Subject: Pitstop and yellow flag rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday a player took a pitstop and moved his car backward into a corner with a yellow flag.
Where should the car be placed - in front of or after the yellow flag?

I insisted that the car should be placed in front of the yellow flag and he insisted that the car should be placed after the yellow flag.

Who is right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vez A
Germany
Kiel
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

I don't know the answer. But whatever it is, it must take into account two types of possible situation: when the corner has and has not got other cars in it, some of which might or might not have just pitted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question!

As it is not covered in the rules I would try and work it out thematically i.e. if this was actually a Formula 1 race.

Since in reality cars don't take turns but are moving constantly around the track the only way to avoid a yellow flag in a corner section would be if it started waving just after the car passed. So if the yellow flag was already in place I would say the car should be placed before the flag.

As I say, no official confirmation. Just what I'd do in this situation.

Hope that helps,

RB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rood Bird
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
masil wrote:

I don't know the answer. But whatever it is, it must take into account two types of possible situation: when the corner has and has not got other cars in it, some of which might or might not have just pitted.

Using my interpretation above I'd say the car should still be moved behind the yellow flag unless you end up with an illogical situation where the 2nd (or 3rd or whatever) car following the one that has just pit has passed the yellow flag already.

RB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There were no other cars in the corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only situations the rules cover is other cars and trajectories. The rule book says the yellow flag is placed after trajectories, so if your pit lands you in a corner with a trajectory and yellow flag, then you can be placed in front of the yellow flag and take the trajectory. This leads me to believe that you can always be placed in front of the yellow flag, as long as you are behind any other car that was there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
The rule book says the yellow flag is placed after trajectories,

That's new to me. On which page is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carl hilinski
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We've always played that you always move to the back of the sector you land in. That just seemed to follow naturally from the rule stating that you are behind all other cars in the sector, including lapped ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ismael Descolado
Brazil
Curitiba
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
The only situations the rules cover is other cars and trajectories. The rule book says the yellow flag is placed after trajectories, so if your pit lands you in a corner with a trajectory and yellow flag, then you can be placed in front of the yellow flag and take the trajectory. This leads me to believe that you can always be placed in front of the yellow flag, as long as you are behind any other car that was there.

I agree. If your pit lands you in a corner with a trajectory, in front of yellow flag, otherwise, behind yellow flag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was turn 3 at Spa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
ryan3740 wrote:
The rule book says the yellow flag is placed after trajectories,

That's new to me. On which page is that?

Page 17 in the fourth sentence of the yellow flag rules. It means that if you are on a trajectory, someone cannot put a yellow flag in front of you.

chilinski wrote:
We've always played that you always move to the back of the sector you land in. That just seemed to follow naturally from the rule stating that you are behind all other cars in the sector, including lapped ones.

That is how I played it last weekend, so I had the cars that pitted land behind the yellow flags (which did look bad because I was in the lead).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryan, just released you first reply.
I just got confused about 'in front of the yellow flag' and 'in front of the trajectories'.
I did know that you can't place a yellow flag in front of a car that already is placed at a trajectory spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alessandro just posted a new FAQ and says the car that pits is put behind a yellow flag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
Alessandro just posted a new FAQ and says the car that pits is put behind a yellow flag.

Meaning the car comes 'out from the pit lane' after the yellow flag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.