Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Heroscape Expansion Set: Crest of the Valkyrie (Flagbearer series)» Forums » News

Subject: Spotted at Toys 'R' Us ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The TRU in Frisco, Texas has the 5 "flagbearers". SKN # 554070
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pac Loz
msg tools
anyone who is into these should go to heroscapers.com

they have all the info goods with pics of cards and sightings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We got a flyer in the mail from TRU advertising buy one tower set, and get a free flagbearer figure. So we drive to our two local stores, lots of towers. No flagbearers to be seen. At the second store we ask about it. They look at the flyer, then they punch in the sku number...."ah.. we don't have those... if you give us your name and number we'll call you when they come in."

The distribution of the heroscape stuff hasn't been the best as far as availablitiy has it?

Of course you do get all that scavenger hunt buzz though at no extra charge...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The release date on these things is just "October" so I don't think it's horrible that they are just coming into play in the last week of the month. That's reasonably on time, given the insane rigamarole that things go thru in the big box stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Googlimoogly! I just got the freakin' castle set!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week the TRU in Louisville, KY had plenty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got one Saturday at the TRU in Clear Lake, Tx (Baybrook Mall).

They had all five of the flagbearers but no Towers in sight.

I pled ignorance on account of their really poor signage.
They let me buy a Bridges and Trees set and get the Vydar bearer for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Still haven't seen them yet in my area, but the last time I looked was Thursday... they might have hit over the weekend. One of them did have a couple of tower sets, though they're kind of "overflowing" in my area right now. One of my Wal-Marts had six tower sets on the shelf last Thursday too. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there Sunday near closing time...of course, they hadn't unpacked the flagbearers yet, so I have to go back to get it. I will do that tomorrow after a run to my FLGS to spend some belated Xmas $$ (don't ask). *Supposedly*, they're holding one at the front counter for me. We'll see how that goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Pasquantonio
United States
Millis
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get all five flagbearers at the Bellingham, Mass. TRU yesterday. The store actually did a nice job, for the first time ever, presenting Heroscape -- they had a nice Hasbro-provided display in the middle of the main aisle, loaded up with master sets, castle sets, assorted wave expansion packs, and flagbearers. The regular boardgame section had additional Heroscape products, including the two flagbearers that weren't in the main aisle. So, nice job, TRU!

Usually the boardgame section is about as lame as it can get -- the Bellingham store is a nice store, but not one that gets anything special, so the Heroscape section is usually limited to a few master sets and some random wave packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.