corvax the professional
Spain
flag msg tools
Hi, for Store championships and other store Tournament (no casual), what squad is better to fight with current metagame?

Option A)
"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Expose (4)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Moff Jerjerrod (2)
Experimental Interface (3)

Total: 98

Option B)
"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)

Predator (3)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Moff Jerjerrod (2)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 98

Option C)
"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)

Veteran Instincts (1)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 99

Thanks for your comments!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Böhnemann
Germany
flag msg tools
Option C. I always fear Falcons and Decimators with Gunner. Without it they lose a lot of attack power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ebeling
Germany
Schleswig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XFreeBirdX wrote:
Option C. I always fear Falcons and Decimators with Gunner. Without it they lose a lot of attack power.

I think with Predator + RAC's pilot ability you don't need Gunner that much.

However, regarding the OP question, the Current Meta (on the Forums - your actual meta might be quite different) seems to be your squad: Phantom + Decimator. Or Phantom + Mini Swarm.

Phantom normally means Whisper + VI + ACD. So your squad needs to be able to fire before Whisper re-cloaks and get him in arc (turret range).

You can't rely on getting initative with your own Whisper. So maybe you should take the Chiraneau + VI route?
That's where Gunner comes back into play, because you can't take Predator.

So, I guess, my answer would be C.

I am not sure you need the initative bid of 99 points in that setup. You could take Intelligence Agent on Whisper.
Or you scrap Engine Upgrade to get Rebel Captive on Whisper and Tactician on Chiraneau (stressing your opponents Whisper so your Whisper can shoot at uncloaked Whisper as well).
But EU on Big Ships seems to be an auto-include as well.

To bad, that there is no way to get the high PS + Re-roll + EU all at teh same time...

You could swap Chiraneau for:

Han + R2D2 + C3P0 + VI + Falcon + Engine Upgrade

and.. I don't know.. maybe Tala x3 instead of Whisper? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
corvax the professional
Spain
flag msg tools
@Prokto & @XFreeBirdX thanks for your answers!

I'm 100% imperial and it is my faction (Rebels not possible in my religion ;-)

I like the A option, but with the meta Im not sure with this

I have still many doubts about which option to choose with these two ships.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, it depends. In my area, there have been a few phantoms and dozens and dozens of Decimators or YTs. Gunner is essentially a wasted 5 points here, if you build the rest of your squad to hit the occasional higher agility ships.

Expose, unless you have a way to modify your dice, results in about the same damage output as a focus token, so Predator is probably the best, especially when paired with an Engine upgrade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prokto wrote:
XFreeBirdX wrote:

People always say this, and it's like they've never seen a Falcon with two evade tokens, a Focus, and 3PO chuckling in the corner. Burn those tokens off on the first shot and then shoot again! (Or Jedi Mind Trick them into intentionally taking 1 damage)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PtL, Jan crew, Recon Spec, 3PO, and Falcon title?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ebeling
Germany
Schleswig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skotothalamos wrote:
prokto wrote:
XFreeBirdX wrote:

People always say this, and it's like they've never seen a Falcon with two evade tokens, a Focus, and 3PO chuckling in the corner. Burn those tokens off on the first shot and then shoot again! (Or Jedi Mind Trick them into intentionally taking 1 damage)

That's right, of course.

It's a little bit annoying that it feels like every list has to be dissected to see "can it counter Whsiper+VI". It's time to avoid tunnel vision like that. Or you forget to counter the counter... blush
Fortunately I can still pride myself with recommending "C" anyway (even though it seems a bit accidentaly that way...).

Option B would actually be my favorite setup for Chiraneau in a vacuum.
Just keep in mind that Fat Han + C3PO and He (She?) Who Must Not Be Named are out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
skotothalamos wrote:
prokto wrote:
XFreeBirdX wrote:

Exactly, Gunner is the way to counter both Fat Han and Whisper. The more dice you make them roll/use evades on the more chance you get for them to blank or run out of evade tokens.

I still hold that phantoms go down if people actually shoot them. They only get to miss 4 times before they go away, and once their shields are gone, they tend to get shy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cook
msg tools
Its true, Phantoms tend to drop really fast if you can get your sights on one but I find that Phantom with Whisper + VI + ACD + Navigator is almost impossible to hit if it's flown right.

It hurts to dump 40 points into one little ship but good Lord its fun when it works. I ordered a Decimator but won't receive it until Friday - I'm looking forward to playing some of the ideas you mentioned but for now I'm still running small Tie Fighter Swarm (5x Academy Pilot) with my beefy Phantom and having a ton of success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.