Dune» Forums » Rules

Subject: Advanced Combat Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Schedar Marchetti
Italy
flag msg tools

Hallo,
I'm studying the rules prior to my first game (still building up the game), but I already have a question for experienced players concerning the advanced combat rule.

When a player wins a battle and must kill all his troops involved in the battle, if special troops are involved (i.e. Fedaykin, Sardaukar) and/or spice was spent to support troops, there is usually more than one combination of troops whose total strength equals the number selected on the combat wheel. Is it up to the battle winner to decide what combination of troops to kill? In other words, when a player finally reveal his battle plan, he doesn't have to specify the exact composition of the attacking units and which of them is supported with spice, but this is done only afterwards if he has won the battle?

I have interpreted the rule on this way, but maybe I'm wrong...

Thank you in advance for your answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played it that way. You have to kill troops whose combat value equals the number you dialled on the battle wheel. They particular combination is up to you.

So if you won a battle by dialling "4" you could kill 4 regular units or 2 Fedaykin/Sardaukar.

Using the Advanced Rules, if you dialled "4" but only paid 2 Spice, you would have to kill
2 Fedaykin/Sardaukar
6 regular units (2 supported, 4 unsupported)
a combination, such as 1 supported Fedaykin/Sardaukar, 1 supported regular unit and 2 unsupported regular units
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Johnson
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jonathan - it's your choice after you win the battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.