Subject: How well does this integrate into RDI? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw the KS and i have RDI 1, which we enjoy. So i was think of pledging and also maybe getting a couple expansions but i just wondered how well the Gambling? Expansion integrated into the base game, particularly with classes like the rogue because he has cheat cards and such. Are there rules for those? We always found gambling a little dry and thought this could be useful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does integrate well. There are rules for cheat cards.
For example if the games normal rule was to draw 1 card, if you play a cheat card on your turn you would draw extra.

So it definitely works and a lot of the gambling games are fun. My only critique is it is a little clunky. You have to break out new cards and play a mini game inside of a game. So it works but takes some getting used to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather just play the gambling games on their own, or sometimes they are fun to break into an RPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have found that you and your pals are pretty well versed in RDI and games are wrapping up quickly, you can add GII to spice things up quite a bit. It definitely changes the dynamics of Gambling and makes it much more strategic. It also adds roughly 15-20 minutes to the game!

As far as added strategic depth is concerned. Take, for example, Deirdre and Gerki. Gerki is clearly a stronger gambler, so he will opt to play games that involve as many rounds of "betting" as possible (like Threes) because you are allowed to play one gambling or cheating card during each round of "betting". Meanwhile, Deirdre, who is weak at gambling, will want to play a game with very few rounds of betting (like Rogues and Warriors) so she could mitigate how much cheating Gerki can do. And to top it all off, sometimes a player just gets dealt an actual winning hand, so it adds that extra bit of risk to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.