Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please enlighten me?

I would like to know what dice came with the 2nd edition rules, and what is printed on each face.
I possess the 1st ed. and have just found out about the funky dice in the later version!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many people bitch about the second edition changes, but I think the special dice are really a cool thing.
No Bloodbowl player would even touch the game with normal dice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not broken out my 2nd edition Space Hulk in awhile. However, if I remember correctly, the only real difference is that the two firing dice cause sustained fire hits to be limited to the equivalent of "5 or better" (the new dice have one standard hit face and one sustained fire hit face). Also, you no longer jam on doubles...the jam die is rolled with the hit dice and you have a 1/6 chance of jamming (the jam die has a jam symbol on one side).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Rauscher
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The dice in the 2nd edition are basically other WH40K with fewer sides actually printed.
The Jam Die is a red "Sustained Fire" die from 40K with only the misfire side printed, no numbers. If that came up during overwatch, the stormbolter jammed.
The Shooting Dice are unique to Space Hulk 2nd ed. as far as I know. They are very similar to white "Scatter" dice from 40K except that one of the Hits had a smaller mark on it, and only counted with Sustained Fire. Using a marker to mark one of the hits differently would allow the Scatter die to be used just like a shooting die.
The Fangs of Fenris 2nd edition autocannon rules stated to use 3 shooting dice and the jam die with every shot of the autocannon, with both hits and sustained fire hits counting on the shooting dice. We just used 3 scatter dice and 1 sustained fire die to the same effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an incomplete copy of Space Hulk, missing all dice, would someone tell me if I can buy the WH40K dice and use them as is, or do I need to make my own dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get by with standard d6 dice. Two dice of one color and one die of a different color. Normal fire hits when either of the two same colored dice roll a 6, sustained fire hits when either of the two same colored dice roll a 5 or 6. A jam occurs when the odd colored die rolls a 1. Simple enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
A jam occurs when the odd colored die rolls a 1. Simple enough.

This jam die; do you roll it with every shot, or just on overwatch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Storm Bolters only roll for jam when fired on overwatch.
Assault Cannons roll for jam whenever they are fired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers, Ed. I picked up a set of 2nd edition dice today and was wonderin' about their use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.