2 Posts

BattleCON: Fate of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: Optimize the Fate game box for travelling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kapu Kapu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fate game box seems to be the perfect opportunity to keep the box small and design an insert which is better suited for travelling. So you could put the game in a backpack and take your ten favourite fighters with you.

I have Devastation and hate taking the game to my friends place. It is big, heavy and i can't store all the stuff in an orderly fashion so i can pull out a charakter in a couple of seconds. Also after putting it in my backpack and some city biking the game box is a mess.

What i would like to see is:
* a possibility to store all the fighter related stuff (cards,tokens,standup) in the same space for quick access.
* that the stuff in the box stays in place while travelling.
* enough space for people who sleeve their cards (i don't use sleeves but some people are).

What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great! Here's what I'm going to do:

Step 1 (and this one's important): Toss the insert
Step 2: Put each fighter's cards into the included character sleeve
Step 3: Put each character's entire kit into a snack size plastic bag
Step 4: Put stuff back in the box

The plastic bags keep each fighters' bits in the same bag

If the stuff shifts around a bit, who cares, it's all bagged

The character sleeves can handle every characters cards just fine with sleeves. Even Endrbyt in the Devastation box fits (just barely) into his character sleeve with sleeved cards.

This is by far the simplest solution. I have all my Devastation fighters in individual bags and it's a breeze to make a travel kit out of it. I pull out 10 fighters, all individually bagged, throw in 2 life dials and the round dial, a self printed cardstock board OR my roll up mat, and off I go.

I currently throw it all in one of those big gallon freezer bags, but I'll probably start using the Fate box and the travel sized board it comes with instead once that gets in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.