Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted this over on Facebook and thought I'd post it here too.

How about this for a 150 point game with no points restrictions.

82 Cube 112
05 Admiral: Borg Queen
05 Captain: Lore
05 Fleet Captain Independent (Crew)
00 Talent: Cheat Death
05 Talent: Corbomite Maneuver
03 Talent: I Stab At Thee
05 Borg: Regeneration Sequencers
02 Borg: Dispersion Field
10 Borg: Borg Ablative Hull Armour
04 Crew: Bu'Kah
02 Crew: Kenneth Dalby
02 Crew: Janice Rand
03 Crew: Elim Garak (DS9)
04 Crew: Geordie La Forge (Enterprise E)
08 Tech: Feedback Pulse
05 Tech: Self Destruct Sequence

Total Build 150

Run the Cube up quickly into range 1-2 discard Janice Rand to use Corbomite Maneuver for free then take your action to do the Self Destruct sequence. You can't be hurt this turn. Next turn the ships have to try get outside of an area covered by a range 3 area all round the large base or they suffer 10 dice damage with defence only if they can scan and a further 3 with no defence if they are still in range 1.

You then use Cheat Death and come back with 1 Hull and full Shields (since none were destroyed). Discard Bu'Kah immediately and because of Regeneration Sequencers you get 3 Hull back, next turn take an action to use discard Kenneth Dalby and get 3 more back.

Then get a Hull back when you use Feedback Pulse and another when the Armour is discarded and a further if you have to use dispersion field to protect your upgrades.

Then if they do manage to kill you the I Stab at Thee goes off again and hopefully takes them with you.

I think it would be quite funny to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise

Awesome.

I love it, fear it, and loathe it.... all at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
What if I use Thalaron weapon and take out Lore and the Queen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:

Then presumably, the elite talents would no longer be usable, and the cube would spend itself, leaving your damaged but otherwise "alive" fleet, with a flawless round one victory

EDIT: included quote I was responding to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyler Borgman
msg tools
agntorenge wrote:

Wouldn't dispersion field protect against that? I am still unclear how that card works

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
dispersion field would work once to protect your crew not the Captain or Admiral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is pretty much what happened in Best of Both Worlds, assuming you watch Parts 1 and 2 in the wrong order cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When would you use Thalaron weapon.

You can't use it on the turn the cube moves into range as Corbomite Maneuver will have been used so you wouldn't be able to attack.

Since the Borg ship blows up next turn before you can attack the Cheat Death and Bu'Kah for the first repairs are used before you get to use the weapon.

At that point there is Lore, Dalby, Garak and Geordie on board plus Dispersion field which will protect the crew for a turn. So you could only get Lore and he would just be replaced with the Borg Queen* who still has an Elite Talent for the remaining I Stab At Thee.

Since Thalaron is Unique and a Discard I'd be happy to play on only having lost Lore from it.

*Thalaron doesn't make you discard Admirals just Captain and Crew.

PS: before anyone jumps in to state that it's not canon to have the Thalaron not affect Admirals as they are organic too consider....if we're being canon how would it affect Lore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noted it's got 1 too many crew on it.

You'd have to lose Janice Rand and I Stab at Thee and replace them with William Riker.

You then use William Riker to set off the Self Destruct and do the Corbomite as your normal action.

Then since you are no longer having I Stab at Thee you don't need Elim Garak so swap him out with Tasha Yar. You gain back some of the potential damage lost by removing I Stab at Thee and the build ends up 1 point cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Thalaron does make you discard admirals if it hits. Once the captain is gone the admiral takes over captain. So if two dice hit in a ten dice attack it works. Your other points on when I would use it however are valid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow I went back and re-read the ruling on Thalaron...It's brutal.

Does provide 1 reason why Dispersion field is better than Koss though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
True. That Cube build is still pretty nuts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fouts
United States
Brookfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:

It wouldn't work on Lore, because he isn't organic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.