Subject: Custom Heroes. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, unfortunately, I have no current pictures of them, and if someone would put these cards together, I would be very happy. Now, for the heroes:

Red Hood

The first time you buy an equipment each turn, draw 2 cards.

Captain Atom

Once per turn, you may gain a card from the lineup. If it is cost 4 or less, gain a weakness. if it is cost 5 or more, gain 3 weaknesses.

Batman Beyond

The first time you buy an equipment each turn, put it in your hand.

and the villains:

Bizzaro Wonder Woman (I don't know her name)

You may buy weaknesses. For you, a weakness cost 9 power. At the end of the game, plus 1 VP for weaknesses instead of minus 1 VP.

Pied Piper

Each time you buy an equipment, you may play a card with an attack from your trash, then destroy it. You still have power from that card.

Heat Wave

The first time you buy a villain each destroy a hero in the lineup, then replace it. If that hero was cost 4 or less, plus 2 power. Otherwise, plus 4 power.

and rivals:

Superman & Lex Luthor

Superman one

Once per turn, you may play a superpower from the lineup. Then, destroy it. It's effects remain.

Superman two

Each time you play both a superpower and a hero, draw a card.

Superman three

For each hero and superpower you play during a confrontation, plus 2 power.

Lex Luthor one

Once per turn, you may play an equipment from the lineup. Then, destroy it. It's effects remain.

Lex Luthor two

Each time you play both an equipment and a villain, draw a card.

Lex Luthor three

For each villain and equipment you play during a confrontation, plus 2 power.

That's all folks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9 power to buy a Weakness for 1 VP and no other benefit is an incredibly terrible investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Sail
msg tools
Midnight Rider wrote:
9 power to buy a Weakness for 1 VP and no other benefit is an incredibly terrible investment.

Agreed. I see no reason not to make it simply cost 3, like Kicks. She does have the added benefit of getting the VP bonus from Weaknesses you get during the game, but it's still a pretty weak effect.

Also, your Superman and Lex level ones are stronger in general than their level twos. Too strong for a level one effect for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even at cost 3, that's a terrible investment. You're filling your deck with unplayable trash for a small number of VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald wenneker
msg tools
mbmbmb
I can put some of these together later for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Fox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of these cards seem overpowered and unbalanced.

Red Hood's two draws is just too much for buying a single card. At least with Wonder Woman and Lex Luthor, they have to wait a turn to use the huge draws, meaning you can attack their hands.

Captain Atom wouldn't even be bothered by the weaknesses. He can take any one card so he could take the big cards, then buy destroy cards. By mid game, he'd have a deck of the strongest cards and the majority of the weakness stack would be in the destroy pile.

Everyone already mentioned Bizarro Wonder Woman

Heat Wave is just a C block to anyone who has to focus on heroes. Playing Martian Manhunter against that would be like having no Oversized card at all.

The Rivals Tier one abilities would break the game in a few ways. Since it's way smaller (only 60 cards) than the regular game main deck (over 100 cards) the deck balance can be thrown off. If Superman and Lex Luthor destroy just 6 cards each in the line-up for power, it would be 20% of the main deck in the destroyed pile.

The back half of the game threatens to slow down as well because too many good cards are dead early as players try to rush to confront each other. It would be easy to play 4 punches and then play the super strength in the line-up (since it is superman's rival deck) on turn one and have 9 power to attack Lex before Lex even had a turn. But then that +5 power card is out of the game for good, creating a power glut later on.

It also creates a way for players to manipulate the game by focusing on destroying blocks so confrontations become more one-sided. Say a player plays 4 punches on one of their turns, then they play a superpower from the line-up that gives another +2 power and has block on it. They now have 6 power and destroy the block and buy a +power during confrontations card. Two turns later they shuffle their deck and draw into a better hand with some kicks and that confront card. And because of how the card is worded they can still play a card from the line-up during a confrontation since they aren't buying it. It's enough power to win a confrontation so they clearly confront because they know they took out the other players chance to block before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crisis Batman Beyond:
Here they are. Edit: And two more:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald wenneker
msg tools
mbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald wenneker
msg tools
mbmbmb
i;ve not played rivals, I believe there is a cost for each super hero/supervillain has a cost and VP value..

if you give me those i'll see about updating my template with Rival card information and perhaps make those,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald wenneker
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrGeek wrote:
Awesome.

Glad you like it, .. I'm not very familiar with DC... In thinking it through, I'm guessing the Piped Piper should have been a villain as well.

sorry.

I finished the Rival's Template so I can make that if you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
modnarWylde wrote:
MrGeek wrote:
Awesome.

Glad you like it, .. I'm not very familiar with DC... In thinking it through, I'm guessing the Piped Piper should have been a villain as well.

sorry.

I finished the Rival's Template so I can make that if you'd like.

That'd be cool. Costs for level one is nine, level two is eleven, three is fifteen. Also, Pied Piper should have been a villain, but the mistake is understandable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald wenneker
msg tools
mbmbmb
Fixed it

I didn't have the VP for them so half done with the values from Rivals 1, half without such (write them in).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
modnarWylde wrote:
Fixed it

I didn't have the VP for them so half done with the values from Rivals 1, half without such (write them in).

Wow. Those are amazing. Also, I created a super-power, and a Batman Beyond main deck hero card. Here they are:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald wenneker
msg tools
mbmbmb
MrGeek wrote:
modnarWylde wrote:
Fixed it

Wow. Those are amazing. Also, I created a super-power, and a Batman Beyond main deck hero card. Here they are:

Both ideas are VERY good, well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. Flashpoint was just an idea I threw together. I think it is pretty good for four. I also liked the idea of equipment cost reduction because of Beyond's ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil Meeple
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super-villain on the fly. Yeah... That's how I roll... And it doesn't take me ten, twenty minutes to come up with a power... Yeah... Anyways, here you go:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.