Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Arnold
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel the most convenient way to log a play using the website is by clicking in the "Your Plays" cell. The cell apprears only on pages where the games are listed in spreadsheet format such as the top 100 page (as opposed to going to the game's dedicated page and then clicking "Record a play").

For a while I was going to my list of owned games, or my list of played games to access a spread view where I could click the "Your Plays" cell, but got tired of scrolling through that long list. I realized I wanted my own spread view with a few frequently played games.

Is there an obvious way to do this?

My workaround: I created a quickbar link for "quick log" games, where I saved a filter for games I have rated "Don't Buy". This is kinda dumb, but it works.

I could have made a geeklist, but it wasn't in the convenient spread format showing the "Your Plays" cell that I like to click to record plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BGG suffers at times from trying to be everything for everybody. Lots of geeks have bent the collection "flags" to their own use.

It has been suggested that a collection have some status flags which the user can label. That way each user could tailor the collection a bit to how they want to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
You can also log plays like that from the Search results; it won't have all of your favorite games at once, but it is relatively quick and easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you could just install the bookmark introduced in this thread: Taking Play Logging Improvements into Our Own Hands

This allows you to enter a play for any game from any page on the site. It is ridiculously useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.