Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone brought it to my attention that what I say in the introduction to my tutorial series could be skewed as a lack of confidence in my design.

For me, I see it as an acknowledgement that the game works fairly different than most, and won't be fun if you're confused and frustrated, hence why I'm making a tutorial series to accent the written rules (I'm a visual guy so videos work better for me than written text).

What do you think? Would you be put off by anything said in this video? If so, how badly?

An easy solution is to just scrap the intro and go straight to the setup video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ssgibson wrote:
Someone brought it to my attention that what I say in the introduction to my tutorial series could be skewed as a lack of confidence in my design.

For me, I see it as an acknowledgement that the game works fairly different than most, and won't be fun if you're confused and frustrated, hence why I'm making a tutorial series to accent the written rules (I'm a visual guy so videos work better for me than written text).

What do you think? Would you be put off by anything said in this video? If so, how badly?

An easy solution is to just scrap the intro and go straight to the setup video.

I actually thought about this yesterday while watching it. I get where you're coming from, but I think you could just go right to the setup video without the intro. It gets people into the game quicker, plus the intro could possibly give someone the impression that this game is more complex than it really is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems to be what folks on FB think too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.