5 Posts

Argent: Mancers of the University» Forums » General

Subject: Which side to you prefer: Technomancer A or B rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Helland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Haven't tested the B side of Technomancers yet. Thinking of trying it to save some table space. Curious what people prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sticker wrote:
Haven't tested the B side of Technomancers yet. Thinking of trying it to save some table space. Curious what people prefer.

I prefer A because you can get your Spells rolling on Round 1!

Side B is great for people who like to have more control over knowing the goals of the game ASAP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Miller
United States
Westminster
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've played two games with Technomancer A available (but no one's starting mages, which were more or less randomly selected) and they've always not only been drafted quickly, but used quickly too. It does provide quite the gold sink, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think with 3+ players I'd be fine with either side, but in my 2 player games I'd rather enforce using side B. It could have been attributable to the library, training grounds, and guild's presence in the room set up, but the last 2 player session I was engaged in turned into a 5+ spells/player MAD arms race. I'm sure some folks might enjoy a mega-magic game, but that much research flying around bogged the game too much for me.

/2 cents
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Helland
msg tools
mbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
I think with 3+ players I'd be fine with either side, but in my 2 player games I'd rather enforce using side B. It could have been attributable to the library, training grounds, and guild's presence in the room set up, but the last 2 player session I was engaged in turned into a 5+ spells/player MAD arms race. I'm sure some folks might enjoy a mega-magic game, but that much research flying around bogged the game too much for me.

/2 cents

Playing with a new player, I nixed including the Techno's. Side B leads to less complex board states, but adds hidden information. Wasn't sure which would be more confusing, so I just nixxed.

Indeed, IMO they were the correct choice for the expansion set mages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.