Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can NVA Rally just to improve the Trail if they can't place Guerrillas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, AFAIK. I don't see anything obviously requiring that guerrillas be placed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JOE LIBRANDI
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Just had a situation with the Uncle Ho card that gives the NVA three free limited ops and all the guerillas were already placed. NP got some nice trail improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Owens
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joe6778 wrote:
Can NVA Rally just to improve the Trail if they can't place Guerrillas?

Sure, you can Rally and select 0 spaces.

3.3.1 PROCEDURE: "....Then, NVA with its Rally may spend another 2 Resources to Improve the Trail by 1 box (6.7, even if the Rally was a Limited Operation, 2.3.5, or selected 0 spaces)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
Yes. Just had a situation with the Uncle Ho card that gives the NVA three free limited ops and all the guerillas were already placed. NP got some nice trail improvement.

I hope they ended up paying for those. Trail improvement is always 2 Resources even if the Rally is free. (3.3.1, last sentence)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:

It's worth noting that you can still place guerrillas in that case, by taking some from the map instead of from the available box (1.4.1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Scottgun wrote:

It's worth noting that you can still place guerrillas in that case, by taking some from the map instead of from the available box (1.4.1).

It is my understanding that the non-player bot will not do that. Am I missing something?

P.S. yes, the trail improvements were paid for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're not missing anything, no.

/Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
russ wrote:
Scottgun wrote:

It is my understanding that the non-player bot will not do that. Am I missing something?

Ah, sorry, I missed that the context was bot behavior, instead of game rules. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.