Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
We're excited to announce that celebrated game designer Peter Hawes will be flying all the way from Australia to join us on BGG@SEA!

Peter Hawes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

And he's bringing his latest game, Royals, with him! In fact we're going to have a Royals tournament throughout the week where you can win copies of the game and possibly some other cool prizes.

Unfortunately it's too late to book a cabin through our group rate but if you book your own cabin (by going here) you can still get in on all the gaming goodness by purchasing a badge here.

More details:
BGG@SEA Taking Deposits. Join us for a gaming cruise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Peter is an awesome guy that makes good games. Really enjoyed meeting him and playing his games at BGG.CON last time I went. Sorry to be missing out on this trip, but it certainly sounds fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow what a treat! Now I really wish I were going!Peter is a stand up guy, a pleasure to be around and chat with, and of course an amazing designer! I think people will love Royals and possibly even like it as much as I do (it made my top 10 games of 2014).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Moffa
United States
Clementon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter is a great guy and an asset to the game community. Make sure to say hello to him!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Francis Drake was really fun, but I just played Wars of the Roses and that is a brilliant game. So great. Makes me want to go on this cruise...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝpun uʍop ʞǝǝƃ
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Peter is a great bloke, and an excellent gamer. Try to get a game in with him if you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solomon M. Green
Australia
Armadale
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still love one of his earlier games, Heads of State, which is due for a reprint. It's medium weight, where the games shifts from area control and land grab into outright treachery and bastardry as you attempt to assert your dominance. Enjoy everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Solomon,
Have you tried Royals ye? It's Peter's latest game and its a streamlined reimplementation of Heads of State.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nickie Pruden
Australia
Varsity Lakes
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a great game game Royals is, I love the way I'm always conflicted with short/medium/long term choices when I play.

The fact Peter is an Aussie who lives locally (only 100 or so kilometres up the road I'm told, which means he lives very close in Australian terms (not that I know him or anything)) makes it even better IMHO.

Have a safe fun cruise everyone - wish I could be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendahl Johnson
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dkingnu wrote:
Solomon,
Have you tried Royals ye? It's Peter's latest game and its a streamlined reimplementation of Heads of State.

When will Royals be available in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoyed Wars of the Roses: Lancaster vs. York. Thanks, Peter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Responses to the last 2 posts.

We are just doing the artwork for the back of the box then printing is 6 weeks, shipping to the US from Germany, then distribution. I will be pushing for this to happen ASAP.

I get a lot of private emails on BGG concerning my games. Although it is only going to appeal to certain gamers, I have to say the fans of the Wars of the Roses are the most vocal in their love of the game, so thanks for the feedback.

I am looking forward to the cruise and hope to meet and play with as many of you as I can. I am happy to teach any of my games if anyone wants to learn. It is sort of a labour of love. I give up my days at cons to teach these games, but hey, I design games I like, so I enjoy playing them, so not really a hard job after all.

I might as well give some info on the "Royals" Tournament now. Everybody is welcome to join in. I will teach the game in the days before it starts and then do a quick summary to everyone as a group on the day of the tournament. Rules are short and not complex. Easy to understand so nobody will have any great advantage if they have played it before. Game takes 50-60 mins only.

1. First Round: tables of 4.
2. Second Round: Involves the winner from each table in round 1, so it depends on how many enter but I will have least 4 tables.
3 Final: 4 winners from round 2, or best 4 scores from round 2 (depends on numbers again)

Prizes.
The best 8 scores from round 2 will win a copy of the game and for the final 1st , 2nd and 3rd will either receive a gift voucher to a major retail outlet or similar in game prizes, but I would like it to be:
1st $100,
2nd $50,
3rd $25.

Don't hold me to this because I haven't organized who is putting up the prizes yet (maybe me), but it will go something like that. I have shipped 8 copies for the cruise, but if I can bring 2 extra copies, I would like to have those 2 reserved for the best 2 scores from all the losers throughout the tournament. This way you can check the results from round 2/3 and see how your score compares. These best 2 losing scores will be announced on the day of the final.

Thanks very much to Jeff, for making this possible and getting the copies of Royals on board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cooper
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
Ask me how I got this badge early!
badge
Dexterity Games Guy for BGG.Con / GeekCoin # 318030
mbmbmbmbmb
NiickEE wrote:
What a great game game Royals is, I love the way I'm always conflicted with short/medium/long term choices when I play.

The fact Peter is an Aussie who lives locally (only 100 or so kilometres up the road I'm told, which means he lives very close in Australian terms (not that I know him or anything)) makes it even better IMHO.

Have a safe fun cruise everyone - wish I could be there.

I'm going to try and not hold against him the fact that I'm sick of that damned song.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heath
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I was going now!

Hope the new game is a big success Peter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.