Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Can Gollum reveal the fellowship to prevent one damage from Isuldur's Bane? I.B. says it must be taken as corruption.

Presumably he can reduce damage for the other, similar cards (Orc Patrol, Foul Thing), since they don't require corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. The card says "follow the rules for a successful Hunt", so Gollum's ability should apply. The remaining Hunt damage, if any, would be taken as Corruption. Since Gollum is the Guide, there are no more Companions to eliminate anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The FAQ explicitly allows Axe and Bow to block Foul Thing, so I agree. Guide abilities are even more built-in than play-on-tables.

I think that means also that Merry and Pippin, when guiding, can seperate themselves (to death) to prevent Isuldur's Bane from working. Those little guys are flexible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
MrSkeletor wrote:
Yeah, in hindsite I agree. It didn't matter anyway since the forces of Darkness ended up being about as effective as Wild E Coyote. shake
Hey, you stopped the Fellowship, and that's something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
The FAQ explicitly allows Axe and Bow to block Foul Thing, so I agree. Guide abilities are even more built-in than play-on-tables.

I think that means also that Merry and Pippin, when guiding, can seperate themselves (to death) to prevent Isuldur's Bane from working. Those little guys are flexible!

Based on the wording on the cards, I'd agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.