Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Francis
Wales
Aberystwyth
Ceredigion
flag msg tools
badge
“"To Aetius, now consul for the third time: the groans of the Britons ... The barbarians drive us to the sea; the sea throws us back on the barbarians: thus two modes of death await us, we are either slain or drowned".” ―Gildas
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

Out of interest, what camera were you using?

I've played a lot of Infidel but I've been slow to pick up Blood & Roses. It's payday Friday so I've got to get it before it finally goes out of stock... especially as GMT pulled the reprint of Infidel, it bodes ill for the chance of a reprint for other titles in the series in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stimpson
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also enjoying B&R - at a guess, I would say it's 'musket and pike light', although the time period for M&P may be later than B&R and the scale may be somewhat different.

I've played Bosworth (Richard III won!), Tewkesbury, and 1st St Albans. all good experiences. Currently playing 2nd St Albans and finding that battle, frankly, to be a little disappointing. Historically, the Lancastrians vastly outnumbered the Yorkists, and it wasn't really a battle - Warwick pulled his men out in reasonably good order when he saw it was only going one way. The game as presented shows the hopelessness of the Yorkist cause that day, but I would have preferred it if the victory conditions had been worked to make it more of a contest. As it is, I may not bother with the last few turns - the Yorkist Battle on the field will probably be wiped out before Warwick gets onto the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
At 2nd St Albans, you can exit Yorkist units once you have fought a delaying action. That is really the only way the Yorkists can win, due to the Lancastrians superior numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
Legionary312AD wrote:
snip...It's payday Friday so I've got to get it before it finally goes out of stock... especially as GMT pulled the reprint of Infidel, it bodes ill for the chance of a reprint for other titles in the series in the future.
The games sell well, but it is a niche market. It seems most of the people who want the game get it before it goes out of print or can find it afterward at reasonable enough prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revnye wrote:
Legionary312AD wrote:
snip...It's payday Friday so I've got to get it before it finally goes out of stock... especially as GMT pulled the reprint of Infidel, it bodes ill for the chance of a reprint for other titles in the series in the future.
The games sell well, but it is a niche market. It seems most of the people who want the game get it before it goes out of print or can find it afterward at reasonable enough prices.

That sounds right to me.

Men of Iron is still somewhat available on the secondary market at reasonable prices (seen two copies recently at $40). Infidel, I think, commands higher prices because of the better balanced scenarios. I was fortunate to pickup a (dusty) copy of Infidel late last year at my FLGS that had been languishing on the shelves.

Have only played one Blood & Roses scenario so far and based on that limited experience, I do recommend the game. Perhaps B&R scenarios are not as mobile and far ranging as Infidel, but the scenarios seem to be more compact and faster playing. The power of the longbow stood out in the scenario that I played.

MM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.