'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the character cards that come with the game, but I have run into a bit of a problem. I have a couple of groups playing the game. If a player in game A plays a few scenarios and marks the Harsk card to show feats gained, and a player in game B also wants to play Harsk, it can get somewhat confusing which marks were earned by each player.

We have started writing down the deck after play, so we can keep track of the decks separately. But the character card is something I haven't figured out yet. Is using a card sleeve and a marker the best option? (If so, what kind of marker?) Or are there printable character cards that are the same size as the ones that come in the box? (I saw the half-page character printouts, but they are pretty big.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people use sleeves and then change the sleeve out for different groups.

I scanned my character cards and printed them on card stock. But I don't think anyone else has ever mentioned doing that every time I've mentioned that I've done it, so that doesn't seem to be as popular an idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some nice character sheets you can download from the files section for most of the characters. Each lets you mark the character progression as well as the adventure completed to track progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Armstrong
Canada
Waterdown
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I scanned both sides of the cards we are using printed and then put it in a sleeve on top of the offical card. Just swap out when a new player wants to use the character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
There are some nice character sheets you can download from the files section for most of the characters. Each lets you mark the character progression as well as the adventure completed to track progress.

That!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve them and then mark them with one of these: http://www.jetpens.com/Staedtler-Lumocolor-Correctable-Dry-E...

They hold the marks quite well, but are erasable as well.

The printed sheets from Paizo also work, and folks have created quite a lot of variants in the files section. Some of those are very nice. I like to stick with the sleeved cards, mostly because they take up the least amount of table space. But if you have room the printed sheets are probably easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone, for the ideas.

The character sheets on the Paizo website and here seem too large to me, so I ended up making photocopies of the character cards and using a clear card sleeve to enclose the copies with a regular playing card (to make the whole thing stiffer). This allows me to keep the original cards for new players, while experienced players get the sleeved versions that they can write on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Jensen
msg tools
My intial reaction at the prospect of permanently marking a product I just bought was of horror. It seemed like an unnecessary depreciation of purchased goods. So, as stated above, I sleeved my character cards and could exchange and dispose them as needed. My compulsion finally led to protecting all cards in play so my leg went untapping and my fingers twitchless at the potential ill fate of the flimsy card paper. As the colloquialism goes 'without a glove you get no love.' I prefer to wrap it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.