Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
Rialto - $24.95

via third party seller "Tasty Minstrel Games" FSSS and Prime Eligible

Amazon has dropped their price to $27.66 (which, according to camelcamecamel.com, is their cheapest ever).

http://www.amazon.com/Tasty-Minstrel-2004TTT-Rialto-Board/dp...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocky V
United States
INDIANAPOLIS
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How is this compared to Tammy Hall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are very different-feeling games. Rialto is primarily about card selection, while Tammany Hall is more of a negotiation game underneath the area control. Tammany Hall is also twice as long.

Personally, I much prefer Rialto but YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Shih
United States
Lisle
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I swear... the games I just get keep going on sale right after... thankfully the deal I got was a little better (market).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
worshipsf wrote:
Those are very different-feeling games. Rialto is primarily about card selection, while Tammany Hall is more of a negotiation game underneath the area control. Tammany Hall is also twice as long.

Personally, I much prefer Rialto but YMMV.

I'd agree. Other than they both involve "area control", they are nothing alike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ich bin dran!
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I've been considering this one for a while. I couldn't pass it up at this price.

Thursday Morning Update: The price is still good today, but it looks like they are starting to run out. All the online game stores that I checked seem to be out of this, so this might be a clearance sale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Bus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this around when it came out, really excellent game at that price. It is one of my first choices with mixed groups of gamers/non-gamers. Easy to explain, no in-game text, and the right depth to satisfy everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ich bin dran!
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
LostGradaution81 wrote:
It is one of my first choices with mixed groups of gamers/non-gamers. Easy to explain, no in-game text, and the right depth to satisfy everyone.
Those are exactly the reasons that I wanted to pick it up! I think it may go over well, in my game group, but be a little deeper than our usual fare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very underrated Feld game! This was a big hit with my game group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ich bin dran!
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
slothrob wrote:

Thursday Morning Update: The price is still good today, but it looks like they are starting to run out. All the online game stores that I checked seem to be out of this, so this might be a clearance sale.
Seven left, when I got home, but 8 now?? That is from Tasty Minstrel, it looks like Amazon already raised their price part way, to $27.66.

I'm already scheduling a game night for Saturday, so we can give this a go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Johnson
msg tools
mb
This game looks very interesting. I like the simplicity of it, but the complexity it can offer with strategy and thinking. I also enjoy the drafting mechanism and how every "kind of" knows what you have. Unfortunately, I dont really have a big gaming group that would enjoy this game. Im trying to convert them, but right now it has ended up that I've bought 20+ games in the past few months and none have seen the table other than my attempts at solo play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kumar
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
I am pretty much in the same boat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Bus
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've had similar issues, I try to seek out games that are very good with two, and optimal player count is 3-4. Anything more is mostly collecting dust.

FYI on Rialto, it scales extremely well imo, and I've enjoyed it with 2P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.