Popular Tags: microbadge [+] [View All]
Steve Zanini
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I would like to add a few but I do not know how to create a microbadge. What's the process (of course this will be followed with how do I load them and then do I collect GeekGold for them)?

Any help would be appreciated.
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 Get a brilliant idea.
This is the hardest part. If you fail here, there's going to be lots of whining from people who want to change their badges when a better one for the same game turns up

#2 Obtain a good original image by photographing, scanning, or drawing it yourself.

#3 Adjust sharpness, contrast, and saturation. Make the background transparent.

#4 Resize the image to 16 x 16 pixels. Save as a transparent GIF.

#5 Find out that the image you created is pure crap, discard it, and start again from #1.

In the rare cases where the resulting image is of decent quality, post it on the correct forum thread, and wait for 2-4 weeks for approval.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
how to create a microbadge
- Make or download a picture.
- Erase everything unnecessary.
- Reduce the size to 16x16 pixels. (You may want to make the picture more blurry or more vague before you do so and sometimes it's better to rescale the image in steps.)
- Repair rescaling damages.
- Safe the image as a GIF file with a usefull name (the microbadge name for example).

how to submit a microbadge
- Upload it somewhere. (For example to your homepage.)
- Post it in: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/130746
- Wait until Aldie has time to install new microbadges.

do you collect Geekgolf
No, unless someone likes your badge so much that they give you something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oskari
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
(You may want to make the picture more blurry or more vague before you do so

Could you elaborate on this a bit?
There are quite a lot of blurry and unrecognizable microbadges already. Why would anyone need more of those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lajos
Japan
Hachiouji
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Sometimes you get better results when you make your picture blurry/vague BEFORE you resize it to 16x16, not afterwards. The vagueness will disappear in the resizing process, but will often lead to less random results. Just try it out. Sometimes it will get you better results, sometimes it won't help at all. If you don't get a good 16x16 image manipulate vagueness/sharpness (focus), lighting and contrast. If nothing works, find another base picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zanini
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOO HOO, thanks for the suggestions. Is there a draw package that is better than another for doing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco J. Piña A.
Chile
Calama
Antofagasta
flag msg tools
badge
Insert any witty/stupid overtext you can think of here... I got nothing
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost any good drawing package will do the trick, but you can always try with an icon/cursor editor, there are many over the web. Personally, I like Axialis IconWorkshop very much

http://www.axialis.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Penner
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos wrote:
do you collect Geekgolf

But how do you get the geeks into those tiny cups? Or do you just use box lids instead? And what is you method on moving the geeks? Do you toss them, hit them in the back with a Descent box, or scatter all your extra bits over the floor and hope that they fall into cup/box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.