4 Posts

Sheriff of Nottingham» Forums » General

Subject: "TableTop Trophy of Awesome" Promo Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wes Ray
msg tools
mbmbmb
A brand new promo card has been announced for Sheriff of Nottingham, as part of the 2015 International Tabletop Day promo kits.

Quote:
TableTop Trophy of Awesome - contraband - 11 reward / 5 penalty

"If inspected, after paying all penalties, the sheriff discards a card from their hand and then places this card into their hand."

Seems neat. How can I get a hold of one of these? Do you have to buy the whole promo pack or will these be available by themselves at some point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the packs are for stores, so keep an eye out for a local store participating in TableTop Day. Though they will definitely be for sale everywhere afterwards as people sell their promos. I will also point out that the BGG store is already selling some of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House Rules
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't follow me! I'm lost.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they could put this and the Royal Summons in the BGG store. I have the Royal Summons, just want others to have it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely want the promo, but I'm disappointed by the ugly grammar of the card's text. That's one big whopping dangling participle!

I'm not sure I understand the rationale for the stipulation about timing of the card being added to sheriff's hand (i.e., after penalties are paid). The only situation in which I can see it mattering is if merchant was caught smuggling, and has to pay the sheriff in goods due to being out of coins. In that scenario, I suppose the sheriff might want to see what goods the merchant will give up before he decides which to discard from hand. Seems like a real edge case though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.