Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation: Britain attacks amphibiously into a region where the full strength Indian block is. It goes into reserve.

The French roll double dice and eliminate one of the British columns, causing a rout.

Indians roll double dice in routs. All units roll double dice in amphibious routs. So does the Indian unit roll 16 dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can see Indians inflicting grievous casualties during pursuit through the woods, but can see no reason why they would inflict twice as many casualties against armed men in boats on open water.

NOTE: I can't answer about the current rules because I've never read them. The 1973 revised rules by which I play have no such ambiguity.

In those, once an enemy column has been eliminated all unfired units with the flanking bonus fire at double rate, and should all three opposing columns be eliminated unfired units can fire at units in reserve (still at double rate). When the opposing force retreats, all units in reserve (including Indians) fire at triple rate.

For amphibious attacks, the defenders fire at double rate during the first round only; thereafter normal combat rules apply (including the standard triple rate fire from reserve should the attackers retreat to their point of origin).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hall
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Short answer: no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.