Age of Steam» Forums » General

Subject: Where can I find those maps? Australia, Poland, Russia .... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Lam
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I found that there is a lot of session reports on Australia, Poland, Russia, Mexico, India. But these maps are not in the file section. Where can I get these maps? Is that other forum group for AoS which has these maps available? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Re: Where can I find those maps? Australia, Poland, Russia .
They are Age of Steam maps that the SteamBrothers are developing up in Canada. We may reasaonably expect that they'll form the core of the maps they publish later this year or early next. They are not otherwise available to the public.

Exception: AoS:India is not a SteamBrother map but rather is Claude Parenteau's map, and it is publicly available from Claude's website along with Spain and New Zealand. (I should really remember to post my replacement map image for New Zealand)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the Steam Brothers have been working on a Northern India map, quite a bit different than Claude's map. I have played it and enjoy their new ideas. The Steam Brothers do extensive playtesting on their maps, they are in no hurry to rush them out.

John
Pittsburgh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
John Bohrer wrote:
The Steam Brothers do extensive playtesting on their maps, they are in no hurry to rush them out.

Yep. With my maps there's generally about a half dozen solo plays plus several score computer simulations before the actual playtesting with other people starts. Then I've found it takes around 30 playtests, at least a dozen of which are external/blind, before they start being near "done" and ready to be considered for publication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Paquet
Canada
Boischatel
Qu├ębec Province
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
As John mentionned, we're still working on expansion maps for a future expansion kit. Since there are already many new AoS maps on sale we'll wait a little longer before releasing any new maps. Right now we prefer to continue playtesting and developing new maps as our priority is always to have high quality maps. Age of Steam is a great game and for us any new maps should respect the high standards these fans deserve.

Pierre and Martin
Steambrothers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.