Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Tan
Indonesia
Balikpapan
East Borneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. At the start of my turn, I destroy my Sprout & put my Water Lily from my deck there. Do I draw a card immediately, 'cause it doesn't clear whether it's at the start of this round or next round"?

2. I'm playing Choking Vines at my opponent's Furious George (from Science Fiction). Can they play Shielding to protect Furious George, or the choking vines happened to get there first & will destroy him no matter what?

3. Overgrowth reduces the breakpoint of a base to zero "at the start of my next turn", but next turn, I still have a chance to minions there before it scores, right? Just to make sure..

Thxx..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I've always played that you don't get it until your next turn... however they are both start of turn so it is not unreasonable that they would both be able to occur.

Shielding - Play on a Minion. Ongoing: This minion and other actions on it are not affected by other players actions.

Choking Vines - Play on a Minion. Ongoing: At the start of your turn, destroy this minion.

Shielding would protect you from the affect of that card even if it is played after Choking Vines. The Chocking Vines is still what is doing the affect even though it was played last turn.

3. Yes, the breakpoint becomes zero (which means it will break no matter what), but that doesn't make it break immediately. It will still break at the normal time on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Tan
Indonesia
Balikpapan
East Borneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished another session..
Theme of these questions are:
P1 -> Bear Calvary + CyberApe
P2 -> Killer Plants + Ghost
P3 -> Steampunk + ShapeShifter

1. "You're screwed" from Bear's faction says move 'another player's minion'.. 3 of us is in a base, is that mean 1 from each player (for a total of 2 minions moved), or 1 from all?

2. "Secret Grove", a base from Killer Plants says we can play an extra minion of power 2 or less here. What about the "Mimic"? In this instance, is it count as 0 power, or its power equal to the highest power card in play?

3. This game ended up in a tie situation with P1 & P3 at 15 points & P2 at 12 points.. The rules says play another turn.. My question is, all of 'em or those who tied only? Rulebook doesn't state it clearly..

'Cause, it'll be P2's turn, & with just playing 1 card, he's alone in a base that will score him 4 points, taking him up to 16 points (beating P1 & P3)..

Thxx all..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. 1 Minion. It can be from either of the other players, but only 1 minion total. It would have said 'one minion from each other player' or something along those lines if you got to move one from all.

2. Yes, you can play a mimic. He doesn't become a power whatever (I'm assuming above 2) until after he is in play.

3. Good job P2, you won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Tan
Indonesia
Balikpapan
East Borneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thxx for answering.. Really helpful..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim D
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordus wrote:
1. I've always played that you don't get it until your next turn... however they are both start of turn so it is not unreasonable that they would both be able to occur.

Both occur at the "crank it up" phase.
The crank it up phase keeps going on until there are no more effect to be processed during that phase.

So both occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quit and nuts wrote:
Mordus wrote:

Both occur at the "crank it up" phase.
The crank it up phase keeps going on until there are no more effect to be processed during that phase.

So both occur.

Killer Plants has only ever been played by me in my group(s) so only person I ever screwed over was myself so I never worried about it, heh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Heil
msg tools
Sprout dies during the beginning of your turn, but the extra minion you play from your deck is NOT part of the beginning of your turn, it is just an extra minion you get to play during the Play Cards phase. So you cannot play a Water Lily from Sprout and use its ability in the same turn, you have to wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
TobiasJeth wrote:
Sprout dies during the beginning of your turn, but the extra minion you play from your deck is NOT part of the beginning of your turn, it is just an extra minion you get to play during the Play Cards phase. So you cannot play a Water Lily from Sprout and use its ability in the same turn, you have to wait.

Just so you know that's not actually correct. The newest rules spell out that:

Quote:
Extra: An extra minion or action is
one you can play in addition to the
normal quota of one of that type per
turn. Extra cards
are optional, and
you don’t have to
play the extra card
right away, unless
the extra card
was gained
by a
Special ability or
outside the Play
Cards phase.

So if you gain an extra play in the "Start of Turn" phase it must be played in the Start of turn phase or it's lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.