World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: can anyone make a real wow board game on ios device rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Yijia Yin
Denmark
København Ø 2100
flag msg tools
serousily, i have been hoping someone can to this for years ago.
we grown up and had a prefect life with wow on pc and had great fun playing wow tbg. but now we spend too much time on work family and so on. so if there is an ios version of this tbg, life will be prefect again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That reminds me of the survey SPI published in their Strategy and Tactic Magazine back in 1980 with a question like:

"Are you interested in putting our 4000 counters and 9 maps counting War in Europe on your TRS 80 computer ..."?

And then followed by the question: "Would you be interested to upgrade your system to 32 K Byte or not...".

Not joking here...
--------

As powerful as iPads or present day tablets me be, their screens do not adapt to play games with 1800+ pieces that easely. (I know the basic game of WOW has "only" 1200 pieces but please DO count the expansions too.

Now we are not there yet, but I expect to see commercial table top screens (foldable) coming up in future years.

When they arrive in huge quantaties at affordable prices (read 250 dollars), I can see it happen, but not on a mobile device screen . Or it wouldn't be the board game but a complete UI revamp of everything.

BTW I have no clue what these VASSAL guys are doing: they should have shifted to tablet development already 3 years ago....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12329724#12329724

I agree

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Yijia Yin
Denmark
København Ø 2100
flag msg tools
Ben_Bos wrote:
That reminds me of the survey SPI published in their Strategy and Tactic Magazine back in 1980 with a question like:

"Are you interested in putting our 4000 counters and 9 maps counting War in Europe on your TRS 80 computer ..."?

And then followed by the question: "Would you be interested to upgrade your system to 32 K Byte or not...".

Not joking here...
--------

As powerful as iPads or present day tablets me be, their screens do not adapt to play games with 1800+ pieces that easely. (I know the basic game of WOW has "only" 1200 pieces but please DO count the expansions too.

Now we are not there yet, but I expect to see commercial table top screens (foldable) coming up in future years.

When they arrive in huge quantaties at affordable prices (read 250 dollars), I can see it happen, but not on a mobile device screen . Or it wouldn't be the board game but a complete UI revamp of everything.

BTW I have no clue what these VASSAL guys are doing: they should have shifted to tablet development already 3 years ago....

i dont know so much about progamming.... but I did find a great user Zarir has made an online battale calculator here. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/776308/wow-tbg-online-calcul...
I think it will be very first step of starting converting tbg to an code based game on ios.
a database with all the componets (maybe graphics and sounds effect)+well coded behaviour of each element should work. i know it is a lot easier to say than to do....but hopfully someone will take this idea into consederation.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.