Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: Sentinels Sidekick for Non Tablet Setup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maokai
msg tools
mb
Hi :-)

I bought "Sentinels of the Multiverse yesterday", and tonight I'll start with some Solo sessions. Someone mentioned to me that the App "Sentinels Sidekick" is a 'must', as it simplifies the upkeeping flow. However, I don't have a Tablet (just normal 4.7 inches Android Phone) and I noted everything is quite cramped (based on the screenshots). Anyone use this app on normal phone and can share the experience? Does it work well? Can you click everything easily?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The app works great. It really isn't cramped IMO. You can easily click to reduce HP and the art is clear. Note, you can play with all the expansion characters from the start, but you don't get all the expansion art from the start (In-app purchases).
I only had a problem clicking the HP on the bottom left hero once (I've play the game 5+ times a week), but I believe that is more a problem with my phone than the app. I just refreshed my screen and it worked (again I think it is my phone's fault, not the app's).
I haven't had any issues with the app. The main layout and the sub screens are really easy to access.
When I bought the game I just thought of the sidekick app as part of the purchase. It does make everything easier for everyone, and I usually just put my phone in the center of the table so everyone can look at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Multiverse by the way. Great game that really sucks you in. >G is tied for nicest company (with Plaid Hat Games).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Stępiński
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll burst the bubble Joshua pumped before me- app is not a must. It never will be. In fact, I find it to be awkward, clunky and often unresponsive with buttoms too small for my big fingers (and yes, I used the big buttom option). I blamed most of it on my weak tablet, but when I switched to a decent smartphone, it wasn't any better.

Really, using tokens provided with the game is not as bad as people say and you get used to them quickly. Another thing that sucks is playing with target summoning heroes (like Unity or Captain Cosmic)- then managing all the bots/constructs on an app is a pain.

That said, the randomizer is a great addition, but you can get it from a different (free) app.

I don't want to hate on it, but despite how much I like Handelabra for the Sentinels of Multiverse app, I can't sugarcoat it- the Sidekick is unnecessary and not worth the (low) price.

EDIT: We tried it twice in my gaming group when I was testing it in beta phase. Nobody at the table wanted to ever see it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schweitz
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
My wife and I use SotM Commander. It's a free Android app that tracks health of all targets. It doesn't track effects or have any artwork, but we find that just being able to track health on our phones is a big help.

There are also other free apps that randomize the setup for you depending on the difficulty you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jovel Castaneda
Philippines
Makati / Marikina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When i first got into SOTM, i wanted everything related to the game so i got Sidekick. Yep its a good app and i still use it, but like what others have said: the tokens will do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Reney
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second using SotM Commander instead. It also allows you to add in custom decks, if you use The Cauldron.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
mb
Thank you guys. I guess I'll be getting SoTm Commander first, and use the other Tokens for effects, and see how it goes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.