Popular Tags: [View All]
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I came here because KS is down and I can't get my fix. So, I figured we could move the Comments to here for now! As glitchy as KS is, I have to hit F5 all of the time anyway. Here, it'll be a little more often. What do you think? Join me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
So, I came here because KS is down and I can't get my fix. So, I figured we could move the Comments to here for now! As glitchy as KS is, I have to hit F5 all of the time anyway. Here, it'll be a little more often. What do you think? Join me?

I think we broke Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some couple of Backer muthers crossed the streams!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaster Mereel
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It seems to be back up.

EDIT: but extremely slow

EDIT 2: Down again. Oh well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not been able to sit through the two long videos - can someone make a recap of the information given there?
What does the general difficulty seem to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
I have not been able to sit through the two long videos - can someone make a recap of the information given there?

At least you tried.
They are pretty punishing to sit through. The difficulty I saw seemed like it was ghosts spawning, random movement (causing characters to be slimed and possibly lose their proton streams on the ghosts), and the possibility of the otherworld (can't remember what they called it in the vids) running out of ghost models. The otherworld is the pool of ghosts that come out into our world through the gates. If it's emptied, it's a game ender. Seems like a kind of balancing act, because when you take the ghosts you trap to the Ecto-1, it replenishes the ghost pool.

That's pretty much what I saw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think by difficulty, he meant how hard is the game. That's hard to pick up on without actually playing the game yourself, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:

I agree. I couldn't watch most of them. I hope if they release a third video that it will be with Mataio, as he actually knows what he's doing and presents the game in a much better light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see.

Yeah, it's hard to tell. Without having played it I'm guessing Zombicide kind of difficulty (yes that comparison again), although the randomness of the ghosts moving around will make them more unpredictable - which I like.
In Zombicide, the Z's move how they move and that's about it. Occasionally they get an additional movement, but they are pretty easy to plan around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, it looks like KS really is back this time, although it is still a little slow, so take it with a grain of salt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Erratik wrote:
dbc- wrote:

I agree. I couldn't watch most of them. I hope if they release a third video that it will be with Mataio, as he actually knows what he's doing and presents the game in a much better light.

I didn't have a problem with the videos.

They show pretty much what playing a co-op game is like - the group is laughing and talking, discussing plans, and generally titting things up as they go along.

They obviously put a couple of non-gamers at the table to illustrate that you don't have to be a big gamer to enjoy it, and that is why there are certain repeated mistakes and questions.

The interesting thing for me is that the videos actually illustrated a layer of tactical play that I hadn't seen just by reading the rules. For example, the guys in the videos position their characters so that even if they miss a combat roll on a ghost, the result is beneficial. This is particularly evident in the second video, when they draw the boogaloos towards them to ensure they do not phase through fences to lose line of sight.

In other words, while there doesn't seem to be a way to mitigate the luck of the dice roll, there are ways to mitigate the potential damage a bad roll can cause.

True, it isn't a LOT of extra tactical play, but it was nice to see that it isn't just rolling the dice and hoping a six comes up.

I felt better seeing the mechanisms in action, as the game seemed to hinge together in a way that created a more satisfying experience than the bar-bones rules indicates, and I am glad I sat through the videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demonsss wrote:
So just to sum up ... is this game worth buying?... I don't want another "Myth" experience just yet, I don't want something that is brought out when only young children are around.... I suppose I'm constantly looking for that perfect game... but at a $175 a pop , well I would expect something with depth... is that just dreaming? ... Just pledged on Space Cadets... now that looks good... has anybody got the same feelings about this ?

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demonsss wrote:
donnbobhardy wrote:
demonsss wrote:
So just to sum up ... is this game worth buying?... I don't want another "Myth" experience just yet, I don't want something that is brought out when only young children are around.... I suppose I'm constantly looking for that perfect game... but at a $175 a pop , well I would expect something with depth... is that just dreaming? ... Just pledged on Space Cadets... now that looks good... has anybody got the same feelings about this ?

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.

Ohhh so I better not put my money down yet! Thanks... thats the feeling I Got from it..

You can put your money down. It won't be charged until the campaign ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demonsss wrote:
So just to sum up ... is this game worth buying?

We all have exactly the same information to work from.

If you have looked at the videos, rules, and components, and it looks interesting to you, then it might be worth dropping the money. If what you have seen hasn't convinced you, you probably won't be convinced, because apart from showing a few more ghost stats and maybe a few scenario concepts, I don't think they have much left to show us.

I am interested, but not at the current price point. Besides, I am trying not to back Kickstarters any more.

Everyone has to make their own judgement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Dibrell
United States
Klamath Falls
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After the fiasco that was robotech I'm leery about kickstarter but Laser Cat Attack not only turned out I love it. Plus it's Ghostbusters. So I had to take the plunge. I bought in at the Mass Hysteria level plus an extra paranormal for my mom & the taxi ghosts. From the gameplay vids it looks like a cross between arkham horror & zombiecide. I'm genuinely excited & since I have a home business that buys & sells minis & games as well as commission painting if it flops I get a write off for a bad investment sincethat's technically what kkickstarter is, an investment. I just wish I could trade in Ron & the glow in the dark dice for an extra set of Ghostbusters since I'm tapped out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I'm not a backer I can't comment on KS so I'll ask my question here. What size are the minis? I see they have a size for Stay Puft, but what about the rest? I assume the Ghostbusters are smaller than the ghosts. Is it evident from the gameplay videos?

I'll probably back this eventually just because of the minis and I can't fathom a world where there are GB minis and I don't have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hatchhermit wrote:
Since I'm not a backer I can't comment on KS so I'll ask my question here. What size are the minis? I see they have a size for Stay Puft, but what about the rest? I assume the Ghostbusters are smaller than the ghosts. Is it evident from the gameplay videos?

I'll probably back this eventually just because of the minis and I can't fathom a world where there are GB minis and I don't have them.

The BGG page has a list of components, and it says:

•47 plastic miniature figures (32-50mm)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Pecorelli
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
hatchhermit wrote:

The BGG page has a list of components, and it says:

•47 plastic miniature figures (32-50mm)

Thank you! It didn't occur to me to look there. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.