Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
We should take Bikini Bottom
badge
and push it somewhere else
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello guys,
Before jumping right into the game, I'll introduce myself. I am a Manufacturing Engineer and Game Designer for a company called NGB Designs. We are currently working on this game called Vanquisher, I would love to hear your thoughts on the board game, both positive and negative! We are planning on releasing this board game on Kickstarter in about 2 months. We have it mostly complete, and we are currently continuing to blindly playtest it at local game stores to eliminate bugs. If you guys find this game really interesting let me know, and I will send you a message when the game will be releasing
Ok, so now to the important part, THE GAME!!

Theme:
Vanquisher takes place in a world much like our own, where territory and resources are scarce. A new land is discovered and kings rush to claim it and expand their territory and stop others from claiming the land.

Gameplay Summary:
The goal of the game is to claim the most territory by constructing buildings across the land. Each building can assist you on your journey to enlarge your kingdom. In order to construct a building, players buy Blueprints and pay resources to build them. Building shapes and sizes vary, and players must find a way to maximize the amount of area they want to spread, along with blocking other players from expanding. The construction mechanic of the game makes the player only be able to be build adjacent to previously made buildings. A player can create an army to help block the way for other players, and request assistance from NPCs through the use of Action Cards. The game is played on a grid, representing the land, with blueprints being available to all players (there are two types of blueprints, some that are always in the game, and some that are random to each game). Players struggle to manage their resources, block other players, and choose correct building placement.

End Thought:
I know no one can judge a game by just reading a summary and not playing it, there's also a lot I left out from the gameplay, I only went over the main aspects, so if you have any questions let me know. I would like to hear your thoughts, Do you like the theme of the game? Does the game play sound intriguing? Do you not like it, and why? What would you recommend?

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
gimodude wrote:
I know no one can judge a game by just reading a summary and not playing it, there's also a lot I left out from the gameplay, I only went over the main aspects, so if you have any questions let me know. I would like to hear your thoughts, Do you like the theme of the game? Does the game play sound intriguing? Do you not like it, and why? What would you recommend?

Thanks guys!

If you want feedback it is best to post rules or a gameplay video. Something we can actually give feedback on. Currently it is vague and sounds like about 100 other games on the market. I would recommend posting more info if you are serious about getting recommendations or advice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chas Heath
United States
Victoria
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It sounds interesting in theory, but I agree that there isn't enough information to really make an informed opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gimo Barrera
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
We should take Bikini Bottom
badge
and push it somewhere else
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, that's true, I will make a gameplay video and post it. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A video is not 100% necessary.

A good description of how the game plays can do the job. Though if you go to kickstarter or the like vids tend to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
video now online for the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5IkB63NKMk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
jwspiker wrote:
video now online for the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5IkB63NKMk

Thanks for posting that. Looks quite intriguing actually. I would love to see some samples of the powers of the blueprint cards. I think you have a pretty good idea here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Leuenberger
Switzerland
Winterthur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks promising! "Blokus with a theme" comes to mind, but for me, this is a good thing. And I like games requiring a spacial sense - these are the only games where I stand a chance against my wife ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Paardekooper
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that sounds almost exactly like a game I'm designing at the moment! Luckily, after watching your gameplay video it is quite different...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to let you know that I was able to play this with a local game reviewer to whom you sent a prototype and the play was very smooth, interesting, and fun! It wasn't overly complex, and there was enough depth that I could potentially pursue many different strategies each subsequent game: denial of opponents, quick expansion, buying religious buildings for victory, focusing on certain resources to the exclusion of others (buy better buildings faster, but shutting out others - subject to luck), focus on one-shot cards, balanced play... very fun and replayable!

You've got my support if you end up running this through crowd funding and I hear about it. Is there a newsletter or mail list that I can subscribe to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.