Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mb
My first thought when seeing these pictures: Oh that's really cool, I could learn Braille while playing the game! But then I find out the game uses a made up version of the same thing. Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Discworld, the Clacks towers are transmitting information along a sight line. They function like a telegraph system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
Denmark
Danmark
flag msg tools
That's right. I've got overtext, b****!©
badge
What did I just say?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just guessing here.

1. I belive that if the game used braille. Anyone who actually know braille (by sight) would have a advantage over other players.

2. Not having the slightest idear how braille is actually set up, I still recon that game balance might have a big say is this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Beynon
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not Braille.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Van Kempen
Netherlands
Geldrop
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in the why behind the questions as well. My guess is that this has to do with the layout of the dots in regular Braille which might be to easy to accomplish in the game.

However, there is nothing stopping you from downloading the Braille alphabet and play with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.