Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game, haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I am delighted by how it looks.

The subdued yet rich colour palette, the sense of space and gentility, are just lovely.

This is clearly a pretty abstract affair - the whole game could be boiled down to fighting over a grid of numbers - and yet the aesthetics provide a surpising sense of place, and the victory tokens a satisfying completeness. No tracks, no irritating end game calculations - you simply score, grab the token and there it is.

I hope the gameplay stacks up, but this game's first impressions are a cut above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Will play almost everything. Unless i hate it ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
It plays very smooth and fast. Great game and needs some more attention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolverine1977 wrote:
It plays very smooth and fast. Great game and needs some more attention

I think that will come once it gets an English release, I know I am eagerly waiting to for a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Peter Hawes cares quite a bit about the production quality of his games, I'm judging based on both the OP's comments and my experience with Francis Drake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.