Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Tierney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happen to have some family coming this weekend. Everyone (except one) knows how to play 7 Wonders, so I was planning to try the team variant of that.

Now that the PnP version of Between Two Cities is out, it seems like a perfect time to try this instead.

Have any of the playtesters tried 8? I assume I'll need some extra tiles, but that shouldn't be too hard to print up. Extra table space may be trickier, but one step at a time.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin: We thought about making the 8th player a stretch goal, but the key in this game is that table space becomes an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tierney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Kevin: We thought about making the 8th player a stretch goal, but the key in this game is that table space becomes an issue.

I really do get the table space issue. I am still interested in trying it though.

If my math is correct, there is just enough duplex tiles in the game to support 8 players. (8 x 3 = 24)

For the single tiles, there is almost enough. I could print 4 more tiles to cover everything. I would for sure not make another tavern, but what other building type should I exclude?

The other option would be to just use the existing tiles, but randomly choose 4 of the discarded tiles in round 1 to supplement round 3. Not sure how much that breaks things...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hogue
United States
O'fallon
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevinpdx wrote:
The other option would be to just use the existing tiles, but randomly choose 4 of the discarded tiles in round 1 to supplement round 3. Not sure how much that breaks things...

This is the route I would take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tierney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EricHogue wrote:
This is the route I would take.

Thanks! I am looking forward to trying this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kenntoft
Spain
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it play out then ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tierney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnalito wrote:
How did it play out then ?

Unfortunately we never had more than 5 people around the table at one time all weekend. The guests had other game requests for the smaller player counts. (I'm not complaining -- I am lucky my wife's family likes games. It is hard to be too disappointed when we got to play Kingsburg, Last Will, Pictomania and Alhambra.)

I did get the print and play pieces put together though, so we will play a few 4 player games of B2C this week. My wife helped me get the pieces made and is as curious as I am about how it plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.