Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Lajos,
I think there is a future for you in the Office of Homeland Security in the good old U. S. of A. With your abilities to ferret out evildoers on BGG, the possibilities against the war on terrorism are endless. ninja goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb
What you described is probably a lot more work than inventing a session report or some other nefarious action. Last I checked King Aldie isn't taxing us, so Geek Gold is still coming from his unlimited imaginary coiffeurs. As long as he's not running out its probably not the end of the world if someone is 'abusing' the system. Meanwhile our dubious image submitter has just increased the valuable content on the database, which I see as good. I'll give you a tip for your efforts though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy solution: A person can only ever get the rep image award once per game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
Quote:
Geek Gold is still coming from his unlimited imaginary coiffeurs.

Coiffeur n. A man who is a hairdresser.
(Coffer n. A strongbox.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaky Ulnas
Canada
Steinbach
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Yet feet that wandering have gone
badge
Turn at last to home afar
mbmb
rgmnetid wrote:
Quote:
Geek Gold is still coming from his unlimited imaginary coiffeurs.

Coiffeur n. A man who is a hairdresser.
(Coffer n. A strongbox.)

I stand by my original statement!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
Representative image reward was reduced from .25 to .05 so it's hardly worth gaming the system or worrying about someone gaming the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ola Hansson
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
Representative image reward was reduced from .25 to .05 so it's hardly worth gaming the system or worrying about someone gaming the system.

Isn't that what you get for suggesting an image that gets chosen as the representative image. If it's your own image that gets chosen I think you get more GG. Is it 0,5GG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If you nominate the image that gets selected, you get 0.05 and if your image is selected, it gets 0.50. So in essence, you get 0.55 for nominating your own picture.

I noticed this same trend not too long ago also. I am of the camp that a bad image is better than no image at all. However, I started picking up the pattern that people were submitting bad images after they just got approved. Then within the next day, you would see the a better image being submitted.

I have now changed my thinking. If there is a better image that exists, I will decline the nomination. Or if one gets by my attention and I see a new image suggested within 24 hours, I'll reject the better" image because I assume this is what is going on.

Does it make a big difference? No. But it is just annoying that you want to help the community by modding and you have some people playing this trick for more gold and wasting our time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.