Subject: Why the no-suicide rule? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Bak
United Kingdom
Alfreton
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
I understand that you may not place a tile which takes you off the board if you have an alternative. Is there any reason for this rule? It seems to me like saying 'bad moves are not allowed.'

Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the fun in eliminating yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stinkoman wrote:
Where is the fun in eliminating yourself?

Where is the fun in not being allowed to eliminate yourself if you want to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that there could be a situation where you have a choice to commit suicide while simultaneously killing your opponent OR by keeping both of you alive. This could allow your opponent to kill you on the next turn. Thus you not committing suicide prevents you from causing a draw if your opponent is in a better position.

Just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reymann
United States
Barberton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd." Voltaire
badge
Crafty Shaman Impersonator
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the rule is there to prevent players from just crashing into someone they want to lose instead of trying to win. Also, a strategy in the game is to position yourself in places where others cannot force you off the board, and putting yourself in a position where your opponent dictates your next move, but all exits are safe, can often be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.