matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm a little bit confused about this rule. can someone clarify?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short version is this: if you kill the monster with one colored die, you get two bonus white ones. Use two colored dice, you get one bonus white die. If you use three or more colored dice on the monster (ie by taking damage and picking all three back up) you get zero bonus white dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt feldman
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MyParadox wrote:
The short version is this: if you kill the monster with one colored die, you get two bonus white ones. Use two colored dice, you get one bonus white die. If you use three or more colored dice on the monster (ie by taking damage and picking all three back up) you get zero bonus white dice.

thanks that's helpful. is there a long version? you can just point me to a thread if you don't feel like typing whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty much it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jojobinks wrote:
MyParadox wrote:

thanks that's helpful. is there a long version? you can just point me to a thread if you don't feel like typing whistle

The long version is the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way to word it: You gain one white die for each coloured die you didn't use in the battle. This matters in the base game for some Level 4 monsters that deny you a coloured die (e.g. defeating it with 1 coloured die results in gaining 1 white die; defeating it with 2 coloured dice won't get you any white dice), and for several expansion situations where you use elemental dice instead of coloured dice, which could be due to due to hero ability/spell/weapon or a monster's "ability" or a room with a shrine. It's possible to defeat a monster with one or more elemental dice (via critical hit or otherwise) and gain 3 white dice because you didn't use any coloured dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys forgot to tell him that the Leader Token also has to be on the Undefeated side.

I just got the base game so I don't know how your party can be "Defeated" and still get bonus white dice anyhow. My "Jimmy Rule" is that if you make it through the encounter Undefeated you get 1 white bonus die during maintenance. To me it's like gaining experience and makes thematic sense, it also makes a party think twice about surrendering and makes more use of that Leader Token. Additionally you still get bonus dice for any unused colored ones.

This little rules change (which came about by me misreading the rule) adds a lot more fun to the game which is really hard for newbies (can you say Party Game?) to win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.