Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

XCOM: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Run and Gun / Holo Targeting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bonaparte
United States
DesMoines
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do run and gun and Holo-targeting apply to a single task or each task in a round? I.e.ine alien or each alien in base defense or mission.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Run and Gun applies to all rolls against a single enemy, and goes away if you kill that enemy or stop rolling against it.
Roll against a Sectopod three times, get a bonus die on each roll.
Kill it and move on to a Thin Man, you lose the bonus die.

Holo-Targeting sort of carries over, because threat carries over from enemy to enemy during base defense or the mission. So if you reduce the threat after the first enemy, you're reducing the threat for all enemies.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Run and Gun and Battle Scanner each apply to just the one Task

In Base Defense, you could roll against a Sectopod with extra dice, score 2 successes, roll against a Thin Man, kill it, kill its replacement, come back and roll against the Sectopod and you'd still have extra dice.

So it's one alien, but it's for the whole of that round
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Roth

Nevada
msg tools
mb
Does Run and Gun only count for aliens or does it count for mission tasks as well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Only enemies, but it can be either base or mission enemies. Doesn't work against those non-enemy printed mission tasks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Giemza
msg tools
In order to use "Run and Gun" will I need a spare Assault soldier to place on the card similar to what must been done with the "Skyranger" card?

I can't assign the "Run and Gun" ability to 1 Assault soldier who is participating on a task?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
mgman11 wrote:
In order to use "Run and Gun" will I need a spare Assault soldier to place on the card similar to what must been done with the "Skyranger" card?

I can't assign the "Run and Gun" ability to 1 Assault soldier who is participating on a task?
Correct. The "Skill" themed cards all need a spare soldier to place as payment (like Skyranger), while the "Weapon" themed cards merely exhaust as payment but can only be used if a matching soldier is present in the fight.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
With these soldier-specific technologies (Run and Gun, Holo Targeting, Revive and Battle Scanners) are you limited to only one use per turn no matter how many unassigned soldiers in that role you still have?

I mean, if you have three unassigned Assault soldiers can't you use Run and Gun thrice? This is how we've played so far: after all, there's no "Limit to x uses per round" line in the text, unlike other technologies such as the Archangel Armor, that also specifies "Limit twice per round".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bombadillo wrote:
With these soldier-specific technologies (Run and Gun, Holo Targeting, Revive and Battle Scanners) are you limited to only one use per turn no matter how many unassigned soldiers in that role you still have?

I mean, if you have three unassigned Assault soldiers can't you use Run and Gun thrice? This is how we've played so far: after all, there's no "Limit to x uses per round" line in the text, unlike other technologies such as the Archangel Armor, that also specifies "Limit twice per round".


Yeah, you can use the ability as many times as you can pay for it.
1 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
Bombadillo wrote:
With these soldier-specific technologies (Run and Gun, Holo Targeting, Revive and Battle Scanners) are you limited to only one use per turn no matter how many unassigned soldiers in that role you still have?

I mean, if you have three unassigned Assault soldiers can't you use Run and Gun thrice? This is how we've played so far: after all, there's no "Limit to x uses per round" line in the text, unlike other technologies such as the Archangel Armor, that also specifies "Limit twice per round".


Yeah, you can use the ability as many times as you can pay for it.

Thank you for your reply!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.