7 Posts

Forbidden Desert» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clues covered in sand. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sai harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've played two games of this and I cant find any evidence to say that the 2 connected clues need to be free of sand to activate where the missing piece is.

Am I missing a rule here?

Example of this is early on, reveal the left right of the engine. Several turns later, that clue is covered in sand and then the up down engine piece is revealed. Are both clues needed to be free of sand or does it matter.

I am aware to pick up the piece it needs to be free of sand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I think once you know where the clue is, that's enough. Trying to keep potentially all four "first" clue pieces free of sand whilst searching for their pair would make this game too difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ginn
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Andy. The game is hard enough already. Once you have a clue, you have that information whether it's covered in sand or not. As soon as you discover that second clue, go ahead and place the part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Late Night Society of Token Pushers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
saiharris wrote:
So, I've played two games of this and I cant find any evidence to say that the 2 connected clues need to be free of sand to activate where the missing piece is.

Am I missing a rule here?

Example of this is early on, reveal the left right of the engine. Several turns later, that clue is covered in sand and then the up down engine piece is revealed. Are both clues needed to be free of sand or does it matter.

The sand only makes it difficult to uncover the clues. Once you know what they are, it doesn't matter. If you have to travel through those tiles later on, then you'll have to dig it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sai harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Baker
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's the exact reason why the sand tiles are shaped the way they are. You can place them on the tile without covering up the clue section!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Herrin
United States
Wilmington
NC
flag msg tools
badge
Swim Swim Hungry!
mbmbmbmbmb
saiharris wrote:

Sorry for the late reply, but to pick up a piece the tile does not need to be free of sand. It needs to be excavated and unblocked. It can have one sand on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.