Wot!
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
...i WILL own it all!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This role states that you have to be able to play three astronauts to a ship with 2 free spaces, or lose your turn.

If you only have 2 astronauts left anyway (which happens towards the end of the game), does this mean I must miss my turn, or can I play the 2 astronauts as a valid Travel Agent turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only have 2 left, don't choose this card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrigley wrote:
If you only have 2 astronauts left anyway (which happens towards the end of the game), does this mean I must miss my turn, or can I play the 2 astronauts as a valid Travel Agent turn?

You must have three astronauts available when you use this card or you lose your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless you've lost pieces, you should always have enough men. The game (english edition) comes with 22 colonists and the most you can play is 21.

So if you do end up with not enough men, just take as many as needed from the LIS memorial or use some sort of proxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Johnny- wrote:
Unless you've lost pieces, you should always have enough men. The game (english edition) comes with 22 colonists and the most you can play is 21.

So if you do end up with not enough men, just take as many as needed from the LIS memorial or use some sort of proxy.

Each of the characters other than the Travel Agent allow you to place at most two astronauts.

You can use the Travel Agent once more for each time you play the Recruiter. But the Recruiter lets you play only one astronaut.

Thus, if you play the Recruiter N times in the first 9 turns, the largest number of astronauts you can play is the sum of the following:
- N [1 for each of the turns you play the Recruiter]
- 3(N+1) [3 for each of the turns you play the Travel Agent]
- 2(9-(2N+1)) [2 for each of the other turns]
This gives a total of 19.

This assumes that you play the Travel Agent before you first play the Recruiter and again after each time you play the Recruiter. If you still have the Travel Agent for the 10th turn, that means you really could have played at most 18 astronauts before then.

Since you started with 22 astronauts (if you didn't lose any), you should have 4 left - more than enough to play the Travel Agent.

As Johnny said, you can play at most 21 astronauts altogether.

If you do find yourself short, I wouldn't take one from the LIS memorial, as that may affect scoring at the end of the game. If you've lost an astronaut, just make up a new piece or use a different color (if you're playing with less than 5).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for confirming something that was settled 6 years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Maxwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate that you took the time to assist someone, regardless of how long was in between posts. I also was quite impressed with the ability to back up what was being claimed.

Thanks for being part of what I've thoroughly enjoyed about BGG!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.