Popular Tags: maths_trade [+] [View All]
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everyone,

I'm back again as your friendly organizer / moderator for another round of the NZ Math Trade. It has been a while and thought well I should organize another one.

This year there will be two maths trades. The first proposed one will kick off on 14th March 2015 (just over two weeks away)

This should take us into an early April for conclusion. The next one will probably be around August this year.

So register your interest, spread the word that it is happening. I have a few contacts that can spread the word. The last two years that I have run the trade is has been highly successful and lots of trades were completed with none that I know of last year or the year before that defaulting.

The same rules will apply as the previous ones, I will post a link to the 2014 list. Once the 2015 list is live I will be linking it here so subscribe to this list so you don't miss out.

Only board game trades will be conducted, no cash for games, no video games.

Feel free to ask questions here and I will respond as soon as I get a chance, so clean out the closet and get those games ready for trading.

Cheers
Russell Woodland
NZ Math Trade Organizer / Moderator (2013/2014)

2014 NZ Math Trade Link:

The 2014 NZ Only Maths Trade (Results are live, get Posting!!)

What is a Math Trade:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Russell! About time to clear out the games gathering dust

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stocks
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sweeeet, I've been waiting for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there one happening at BGBTB? There's also a major Auckland one that usually happens around that same time, too. Might make sense to combine as much as possible so we all have a better chance of getting what we want! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Wood
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks Russell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

This is totally not-related to your NZ math trade, but I think this seems like an excellent place to get advice. My husband and I are coming to NZ in November! We are VERY excited, naturally. We will be in Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown during our trip. What are the top things to see in each of these locations? Is there an awesome game store d10-3 I shouldn't miss in any of these cities?

Thanks,

Karen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuffi1964 wrote:
Hi,

This is totally not-related to your NZ math trade, but I think this seems like an excellent place to get advice. My husband and I are coming to NZ in November! We are VERY excited, naturally. We will be in Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown during our trip. What are the top things to see in each of these locations? Is there an awesome game store d10-3 I shouldn't miss in any of these cities?

Thanks,

Karen

Welcome to New Zealand!

I’ll let others chip in with tourism advice, but purely on the gaming front, go here: http://boardgamesbythebay.org.nz/product/event/auckland-in-n...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuffi1964 wrote:
Hi,

This is totally not-related to your NZ math trade, but I think this seems like an excellent place to get advice. My husband and I are coming to NZ in November! We are :V::E::R::Y: excited, naturally. :p We will be in Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown during our trip. What are the top things to see in each of these locations? Is there an awesome game store :d10-3: I shouldn't miss in any of these cities?

Thanks,

Karen

If you are looking for a games night, here is a list of local groups:
http://seriouslyboard.co.nz/about/community/

As far as tourism spots to visit, here are a few:

Auckland/Hamilton:

Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium (includes a penguin exhibit)
Goat Island Marine Reserve (snorkeling)
Sky Tower (gambling or "bungy")
Waiheke Island and/or Auckland harbour cruise
Waitomo Caves
Hamilton Gardens

Rotorua

Wai-O-Tapu geothermal area
Hot-n-Cold geothermal swimming area (free) http://www.rotorua-travel-secrets.com/hot-n-cold.html
The Zorb
Other stuff: http://www.rotoruanz.com/visit/to-do/listings/

Wellington and South Island
Sorry, don't really know. There is heaps to do, but I can't give you a "local's" perspective.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Chapman
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome - I hope you have a fantastic trip

There's an active gaming MeetUp group in Wellington (http://www.meetup.com/WellingtonOnBoard/) so keep an eye out for events on while you're here.

As far as non-gaming related Wellington attractions go - our national museum, Te Papa, is pretty good. I also love Zealandia (a bird sanctuary covering a whole valley with a good exhibition about NZ wildlife) and, if you're into our movies, Weta Workshop is here too and visitable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Grange
New Zealand
New Plymouth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbiton

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Mason
New Zealand
flag msg tools
djn1981 wrote:
As far as tourism spots to visit, here are a few:

Auckland/Hamilton:

Kelly Tarlton's Aquarium (includes a penguin exhibit)
Goat Island Marine Reserve (snorkeling)
Sky Tower (gambling or "bungy")
Waiheke Island and/or Auckland harbour cruise
Waitomo Caves
Hamilton Gardens

Rotorua

Wai-O-Tapu geothermal area
Hot-n-Cold geothermal swimming area (free) http://www.rotorua-travel-secrets.com/hot-n-cold.html
The Zorb
Other stuff: http://www.rotoruanz.com/visit/to-do/listings/

Wellington and South Island
Sorry, don't really know. There is heaps to do, but I can't give you a "local's" perspective.

^THIS!!!!

Also, in Queenstown you pretty much just Ski/Snowboard - there's 4 different parks and they're each good in different ways. Would also recommend the Wakatipu steam ship, the pipeline/hackett bungee and horse trekking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesbass wrote:
Is there one happening at BGBTB? There's also a major Auckland one that usually happens around that same time, too. Might make sense to combine as much as possible so we all have a better chance of getting what we want! thumbsup

Hey David,

It's a tricky game trying to get dates sorted that won't clash, inevitably there will always be something on.

I've not heard of the Auckland one (outside of BGBTB), always tried not to step on toes and take anything away from other maths trades.

Obviously the goal of the national trade is to capture all of NZ. It's something that has always been in the back of my mind since taking on the Math Trade Solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a lot of snowboarding in Nov... which is a shame!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuffi1964 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Karen

Hi Karen,

Welcome, if you can send me a PM i can fill you in on A LOT of stuff. I was a visitor consultant for 7 1/2 years so pretty much know a lot about NZ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keaton
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, looking forward to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Taylor
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusty1982 wrote:
Jesbass wrote:

Hey David,

It's a tricky game trying to get dates sorted that won't clash, inevitably there will always be something on.

I've not heard of the Auckland one (outside of BGBTB), always tried not to step on toes and take anything away from other maths trades.

Obviously the goal of the national trade is to capture all of NZ. It's something that has always been in the back of my mind since taking on the Math Trade Solo.

I can send one of the Auckland organisers this way, if you like? I think they were planning for May like usual, but as it's the biggest gaming group in Auckland, it might be worth getting some of them over here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesbass wrote:
Rusty1982 wrote:
Jesbass wrote:

Hey David,

I can send one of the Auckland organisers this way, if you like? I think they were planning for May like usual, but as it's the biggest gaming group in Auckland, it might be worth getting some of them over here.

Great idea David, if you can do that it would be much appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot everyone for letting me hijack your post briefly and for the great suggestions! We will look into them. We are both Lord of the Rings nerds so our trip is taking in a lot of those things. And we are not snowboarding types at all so no worries about that. We have planned to take a helicopter ride in queenstown which I am excited about as I have always wanted to ride a helicopter and I can't imagine a more beautiful place to do it...

Looking forward to November

Karen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven De Toni
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
South Is: Drive the road between Te Anu and Milford Sound through Fiordland.

North Is:Hike the Tongariro Crossing, March/April is the best time to do it. Not so hot/cold and likely to be fine weather.

Oh and more importantly, Math Trade ... Wahoo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since you are going to Queenstown, probably better if you look for boardgame shops after you've been there whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

As much as i appreciate the advise given to Karen, can we please get the focus back on track for the discussion of the math trade.

There are the generic forums under BGG for this. (Please don't take this the wrong way guys)

Cheers
Russell
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Mason
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Are there any rules around how postage is handled? What if I end up having to send to rural Invercargil or something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredmason wrote:
Are there any rules around how postage is handled? What if I end up having to send to rural Invercargil or something...

Those are the risks. Sometime large centre organise to consoludate sending and receiving but that is individually organised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian White
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff. Last year's maths trade was my first dabble into trading out older games that weren't hitting the table, and with moving/receiving four new games, I was pretty happy with the process.

To anyone thinking of giving it a go, do it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaredmason wrote:

Basically it is the responsibily of each user invoved in the trade. Just remember someone could be in the same boat as to posting stuff to you.

As mentioned some areas organise one person to recieve to save postage

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.