SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

If I have the 2 following technologies: metallum and moneta, How much ressources do I earn more during production ? 2 or 3?

Same question about the defense: with the 2 technologies about defences, do you have a defence of 2 or 3?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
SwatSh wrote:

If I have the 2 following technologies: metallum and moneta, How much ressources do I earn more during production ? 2 or 3?

SwatSh wrote:

Same question about the defense: with the 2 technologies about defences, do you have a defence of 2 or 3?

You have an *extra* defense of 2, which usually makes for a total defense of 3 (in a city without a temple - you add a further +2 for a temple and/or a further +1 for having 2 or fewer personages and/or your number of defending units).

For the defense know-hows, this is explicitly stated (with an "or") under the Movere action.
Another thing you can deduce it from is that in the know-how example image in the rules, red only has a marker on Res Publica, not an additional one on Regnum. If you build the second stage of one of the know-hows, you move your marker there from the first stage (there wouldn't be enough markers otherwise). So you only get the bonus of the second stage, not the bonuses of both stages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your response is very clear Darador, thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darador,

Sorry but you said in another post of this forum the following:
"This issue indeed isn't clear in the rules. So I asked this very question to Mac Gerdts at PD-Verlag's booth in Essen when the rules were explained to me and I played my first game. His answer was that you can still use the 2:1 exchange rate if you prefer even after developing Commercium"

Than, for Commercium, you can still use the other technology but not for Moneta.

Is it logical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
SwatSh wrote:
Darador,

Sorry but you said in another post of this forum the following:
"This issue indeed isn't clear in the rules. So I asked this very question to Mac Gerdts at PD-Verlag's booth in Essen when the rules were explained to me and I played my first game. His answer was that you can still use the 2:1 exchange rate if you prefer even after developing Commercium"

Than, for Commercium, you can still use the other technology but not for Moneta.

Is it logical?

I agree this ruling is inconsistent with the fact that Moneta and Res Publica say "+2" instead of (a further) "+1". But in the end as I wrote in that other post you partly cited (*click*), it wouldn't even be necessary, in Antike II there is no case where one would need a 2:1 trade rate instead of 3:2. I am therefore pretty sure Mac would revoke his ruling if he realized that (as I only did later myself). I suppose he made the ruling because he thought that Commercium shouldn't be able to be *worse* than Mercatura in some cases.
As is, this ruling is slightly inconsistent, yes - but the rules for Moneta and Res Publica are definitely intended to be as I wrote above, you don't get +3 for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thank you very much Darador

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.