Hide
7 Posts

Coup» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Newbie Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baho Ilok
msg tools
1. Player A has an Assassin and launches an assassination on Player B. Let's say Player B does not have a Contessa, but declares that he/she has. Is Player A allowed to question Player B's claim?

2. If the answer to question #1 is yes and does question it, will Player B lose both his/her influence (assuming he/she still has both)?

3. Player A has an Ambassador and performs an exchange with the deck, but Player B questions it. Player A reveals that he/she really does have an Ambassador, which then forces Player A to reshuffle his/her Ambassador to the deck and draw a new influence card. What happens to his original exchange action as a previous Ambassador? Will it get cancelled just because he/she got questioned and had to reveal the Ambassador, or can he do the exchange action after drawing the new card?

4. Player A performs a single-target action/counteraction (Steal, Assassinate, or any Block action) on Player B. Can Player C question Player A, even though he/she was not targeted?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Liu
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Get the new card, then do the action. Same with any other role that is questioned and revealed as true.
4. Anyone can challenge you having a card. Only the target of a steal or assassination can block it with a (claimed) captain, ambassador, or contessa. Anyone can claim to have a duke to block foreign aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baho Ilok
msg tools
bob_3002 wrote:
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Get the new card, then do the action. Same with any other role that is questioned and revealed as true.
4. Anyone can challenge you having a card. Only the target of a steal or assassination can block it with a (claimed) captain, ambassador, or contessa. Anyone can claim to have a duke to block foreign aid.

Hey, thanks a lot!

But I just want to clarify one thing on question #2. Am I right to say that Player B lost both his influence because one was lost from losing the challenge of him/her having a Contessa, and the other lost from the original assassination?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
bakasi wrote:
But I just want to clarify one thing on question #2. Am I right to say that Player B lost both his influence because one was lost from losing the challenge of him/her having a Contessa, and the other lost from the original assassination?

That's correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bakasi wrote:

Sure!

the same happens if B challenge A ask for an Assassin.. if A truly has the assassin B will lose both cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baho Ilok
msg tools
Verkisto wrote:
bakasi wrote:

That's correct.

Excellent! Thank you so much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baho Ilok
msg tools
Thank you all for your answers! But now that all my questions have been answered, as the creator of this thread, I now unofficially close this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.