Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Orr
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In an attempt to reduce the number of boxes on my shelf. I decided to take a crack at merging all of my 7 Wonders solutions into something more manageable. Here is the result..

First look, box top off, rule books removed.

The cards are un-sleeved (for sleeved cards the card box needs to be a little wider. There should be enough wiggle room in the depth of the box to handle sleeves. The card box has room to add the cards from the Leaders expansion. The visible tray next to the cards is the "war" tray. It contains bonuses and penalties for war as well as the round penalty point tokens. This is basically what you need to play the base set + Cities, although the extra tokens (from Babel) have been mixed in.

Removing the war tray, player mats and score pads reveals a money box (it has a lid, removed here) a tray that contains all of the Babel pieces, and the Tower of Babel tiles themselves.

Finally removing the card box, money box and babel tray reveals the great works cards and babel base board.

Box to table is really fast now, no sorting out bits and pieces, plus clean up is a bunch quicker.

Hope this is useful / interesting to people.

Stephen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zuzana S
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great! What materials did you use for the trays? And do you also have the Wonder Pack or is this without it (the box seems to be quite full, so the question is whether that would fit in as well).

I wish I was crafty enough to make something like this myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Orr
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trays are black foam-core.

As to doing this yourself, my history is,
1) Was looking at Castles of Mad King Ludwig and saw someone who had done an insert box for that game (Castles is mostly air once you baggy the components and that is kind of lame.
2) The Castles post mentioned some YouTube videos on foam-core insert construction. I watched them (search "using foam core", 3 parts)
3) I went out and bought - a decent metal ruler, some foam core, some glue, and a self-healing cutting mat (I already had the knife).
4) I did an insert for Castles.
5) I made a dice tower.
6) I made an insert for Xia: Legends of a Drift System (posted those)
7) I made an insert for Pandemic to fit 'On the Brink'
8) I made the insert for 7 Wonders.

Each one is better than the previous. Skill from experience. It's not all that hard.

The wonderpack is NOT included. I have no plans to acquire the wonderpack as I agree with those in the community that they don't seem to add much to the game (IMHO).

Stephen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.