Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Davis
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm looking at potentially pre-ordering this one. I'm really curious about the traitors.
I have one question which we might not know yet. If there is a traitor, how does that traitor' special abilities work. Say for example the wolf dude is the traitor. If he uses his sniff ability to detect if the agent is near, can the agent straight up lie? Same with the Seer and his detecting past moves? The way I see it the traitor would have to occasionally use his abilities or else he'd be detected. But the mind games of sending the hunters on wild goose chases by lying to the hunters via traitor sounds awesome.

Also how does monitoring cheating work? I know you write moves down but some people cheat and everyone makes mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CloudBuilder wrote:
So I'm looking at potentially pre-ordering this one. I'm really curious about the traitors.
I have one question which we might not know yet. If there is a traitor, how does that traitor' special abilities work. Say for example the wolf dude is the traitor. If he uses his sniff ability to detect if the agent is near, can the agent straight up lie? Same with the Seer and his detecting past moves? The way I see it the traitor would have to occasionally use his abilities or else he'd be detected. But the mind games of sending the hunters on wild goose chases by lying to the hunters via traitor sounds awesome.

Also how does monitoring cheating work? I know you write moves down but some people cheat and everyone makes mistakes.

My guess is yes the agent can lie, if you think about it the wolf would be the only one that knows if his sniffer caught anything and he would probably lie about it if he did.

As for cheating. Don't play with cheaters. Mistakes happen not much you can do about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I like traitor games, a lot of people's initial reviews on the traitor aspect seems hit or miss. People say it plays best with 4 (so no traitor).

I think part of the reason why it doesn't necessarily play the best with a traitor is the traitor doesn't know where the agent is. So he's playing the game in the dark and just has to stand there.

However, I haven't played the game and can't wait for my preorder to come through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ObsoleteThree wrote:
he's playing the game in the dark and just has to stand there.
He knows as much about the Agent's location as the other Hunters - actively moving to pursue the Agent is exactly how the traitor helps the most: by providing a hole to escape through as the dragnet gets closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LongDarkBlues wrote:
ObsoleteThree wrote:
he's playing the game in the dark and just has to stand there.
He knows as much about the Agent's location as the other Hunters - actively moving to pursue the Agent is exactly how the traitor helps the most: by providing a hole to escape through as the dragnet gets closer.

And if the agent plays it correctly he can use the traitors movement to help him out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The agent reveals his sheet at the end of the game so it can all be reverse engineered if you are trying to sniff out a cheater. You may need to do some notes of your own, unless you have a great memory but it is traceable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Beauvais
United States
Maynard
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried the game with a full complement of players (and traitor), but it seems that keeping your identity (as a traitor) secret would be psychologically interesting and would provide for a tense, exciting, and fun experience (even without additional special powers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
msg tools
mbmbmb
I find it really annoying when ppl question rules or discuss variants when they havent even played the game. The fact the game isn't even out yet is more annoying. That said, I'm going to do exactly that bc this thread made me wonder something that I probably won't remember by the time I actually play

Here it goes: given that the traitor doesn't know where the spy is, why not simply assign the traitor secretively? Is this a bad idea? For the player, having the other players identify you as the traitor might be equivalent to the sleeper phase of bsg (my favorite part about the traitor mechanic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.