Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have enjoyed my first few plays and look farward to additional plays. I am curious to see what others think about a variant that differentiates the officals more than the three different colors needed for governer. I am willing to hear others' thoughts, but a few that I have had include:

1) only one red cube needed to hire one or 2 workers, but unrest goes up 2 (regardless of number of workers).

2)using 2 white cubes to hire only 1 worker, but no unrest.

Anyway, I would be curious to hear if others have thought of something along these lines as well, or if deveolopers/play testers have already adressed the idea and discarded it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

edit: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3) 1 gray cube in 2 adjacent worker regions to receive 1 worker with 1 unrest in either region. (Suggested by player during game today).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Hillenius
Netherlands
Hoogland (Amersfoort)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would not be in favor of it.
-It would complicate things more, the need to move your officials around even more for new reasons. And you would probably need the move officials action more. This is an action I like to avoid in my plays. It is quite inefficient. I try to do the cube moves I need via cardbonuses or via governor placement bonuses.
-And any action that would only provide you with one worker is inefficient, I would avoid that in my play style.
But there is nothing wrong with experimenting, see how you like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Michiel wrote:
I think I would not be in favor of it.
-It would complicate things more, the need to move your officials around even more for new reasons. And you would probably need the move officials action more. This is an action I like to avoid in my plays. It is quite inefficient. I try to do the cube moves I need via cardbonuses or via governor placement bonuses.
-And any action that would only provide you with one worker is inefficient, I would avoid that in my play style.
But there is nothing wrong with experimenting, see how you like it!

Then maybe beef up the reward for taking the move officials action

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.